Today I’m sharing another page inspired by the flowers in my garden, this time a pretty daisy called Banana Cream – such fun (grin!).
I’m pleased to join the Texture challenge that I’m hosting this month over at Art Journal Journey with all the texture I added to this page using stamping, inks, paint splatters, stencilled texture paste, linen textured paper, rub-on transfers and gems. Thank you for your lovely comments and wonderful creations so far, I hope you are having as much fun creating texture on your pages as I am!
I started by covering the background using Leaf Green Wendy Vecchi Bendable Dye Ink, Peeled Paint and Forest Moss Distress Inks; stamping the ink pads onto a blending mat, spritzing with water and pressing the mat onto the page. Once dry, I stamped some foliage using a Leaf Prints Tim Holtz stamp set and Peeled Paint and Forest Moss Distress Inks. Next I applied some Scattered Straw Distress Ink using a blending tool and some Pébéo white gesso with my finger which added more texture and depth to the page, and then I splattered the page using black DecoArt acrylic paint and the white gesso.
The daisy flowers are rub-on transfers which I applied to some card and cut out; they are all edged with a Cool Grey Faber-Castell Big Brush marker and then stuck to the page using a glue stick with some cream linen textured card. The cream linen card was decorated with the rub-on transfers and edged with Scattered Straw Distress Ink and Cold Grey Faber-Castell Big Brush marker to give it a worn look and add more texture. Then I stencilled some Ranger Texture Paste that I coloured with Cadmium Yellow and white gesso through a Reversed Honeycomb stencil. To finish, I added the “Daisy” wording using letter stickers from Kaisercraft and some orange gemstones to add some sparkle.
These are the Banana Cream daisies in my garden; they are a Shasta daisy and have a lovely creamy yellow colour.
Hoping that you’re all staying safe and well! x
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Ranger Wendy Vecchi Make Art Blendable Dye Ink (Leaf Green)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Scattered Straw, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss)
- Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous (Leaf Prints CMS273)
- Pébéo White Gesso
- DecoArt Crafter’s Acrylic (Black)
- White cardstock
- Royal & Langnickel Rub-on Transfers (White Flowers #ROY-668)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Artist Pitt Pen (Cold Grey IV 233)
- Craft Sensations (Luxury Cardstock with Linen Texture)
- Pritt Stick
- That’s Crafty! Dinky Stencil (Reversed Honeycomb)
- Ranger Texture Paste
- Liquitex Basics Acrylic Color (Cadmium Yellow Light Hue)
- Kaisercraft Sticker Sheet (Mix & Match – Alpha SS252)