I’ve been wanting to join a couple of blog challenges, so I created this art journal page which turned out to be quite cathartic in the end; with my friend passing, this journal pages serves to capture wording to prompt me to look at things differently – I hope you like it!
I also wanted to thank you all for your kind thoughts and comments regarding my dear friend, it is very much appreciated!
To start, I covered the page in Snow Cone, Lime and Boysenberry Faber-Castell Gelatos by scribbling the gelatos onto the page and smudging the colour with my finger which I wet with water. Once dry, I stencilled dots by removing the gelato colour through the stencil using a baby wipe and also added a flower design by applying white pigment ink through the stencil. Then I stamped some chevrons and arrows from a Kaisercraft stamp set using black Archival Ink. The feathers are wall stickers which I edged with black Faber-Castell marker and stuck to the page. I then splattered the whole page with black acrylic paint. Next I stuck a silver dreamcatcher and three silver arrows onto the page and embellished them with green gems. I added some Small Talk stickers from Tim Holtz which prompts me to “remember” the good times, to “just breathe”, to “be brave”, to “stay strong” and to “love you”; the top and bottom edge are outlined with a black marker pen. I also arranged some clear teardrop gemstones in lines down the page and to finish, I embellished the feathers with a silver disc from an old necklace.
I thought the T Gang over at T Stands for Tuesday, may like this cute otter that was etched onto a glass containing my pint of Otter Ale (grin) – cheers and Happy T Day!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Faber-Castell Gelato (Snow Cone, Lime, Boysenberry)
- Craft Sensations (Deco Stencil Set 154892)
- That’s Crafty! 8x8ins Stencil (Decorative Flower – TC8039)
- Docrafts Artiste Pigment Ink (White)
- Kaisercraft clear stamp (Mister Fox CS173)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Main Street Wall Creations Jumbo Stickers (Watercolor Feathers SKU261499)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Black 199)
- Docrafts Crafter’s Acrylic (Black)
- The Range (Dreamcatchers Stickers CR1237)
- B&M Craft Pack (Turquoise)
- Graham & Brown (Adhesive Jewels)
- Tim Holtz idea-ology (Small Talk #TH93193)
- Handwriting Pen (Black)
- Old necklace
- Ranger Glossy Accents