It’s our 29th Wedding Anniversary next weekend and I feel truly blessed to have met and fell in love my soul mate and to have such a wonderful life together!
So I created this page to celebrate and decided to incorporate a Christmas card that we received last year because every time I look at the beautiful angel on it, I start to sing “True Love” which as you may remember is from the musical “High Society”, and was sung by Bing Crosby and Grace Kelly.
The page started as a background which had gone wrong, so I applied a very thick layer of Pébéo white gesso over the top with a palette knife creating an uneven and textured look; I like the way that you can just see some of the postage marks that I had previously stamped showing through. Once the gesso had dried I applied some Craf-T Midnight Sparkle and Copper Metallic Luster rub-on paints to accentuate the texture I had created; these are like a paste which you apply with your finger by working them in a circular motion and then rubbing them onto the page to break down the colours and bring out their metallic sheen. Next I added some gold leaf which I scraped to give a worn look and also stamped a script stamp using black archival Ink onto the page. I then pushed the script and gold leaf into the background by applying more white gesso over the top with my finger. I added the scroll felt border, which I covered with a thin layer of white gesso before I stuck it to the page. The gold flower tiles, hearts, stars and dots are outline stickers; I broke some of the images so they had a worn look like the rest of my design.
For the angel, I cut out the square angel image from the Christmas card and added gold leaf to the edges and some fine black scribbles with a Derwent Graphik marker. Then I cut two square frames that were slightly bigger than my angel image from some white tissue paper and also from a piece of patterned paper. The edges of the patterned paper frame are ripped and edged using a black Sharpie permanent marker. I stamped the lyrics from the song onto the tissue paper frame and then stuck it onto the patterned paper using a UHU Stic. Once the glue had dried I used a craft knife to distress the edges of the tissue paper and outlined them with a black Derwent Graphik marker. I also added some gold hearts and other shaped outline stickers to the frame to tie it into the background. The frame is stuck to the page using a UHU Stic and I placed the angel image on top, but off-centre, using double-sided foam tape. Then to finish, I stamped the word “true” using black Archival Ink and added some “love” outline stickers.
I’m so pleased to be able to join Elke from Meerwolkenleben with her “Landscapes of the Soul” theme over at Art Journal Journey with my love inspired page.
I’m also joining in the fun over at Mixed Media World again with their “Anything Mixed Media Goes” challenge and also Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and their “Anything Goes” theme.
This is the scene from the film where Grace Kelly and Bing Crosby sing “True Love”.
I just love the old musicals and if you are interested here are some facts about this song:
- “True Love” was written by Cole Porter and performed by Bing Crosby and Grace Kelly in 1956.
- This was the first and only gold record for Grace Kelly and was the 21st gold record for Bing Crosby.
- “High Society” was a musical remake of the classic 1940 award winning movie “The Philadelphia Story”.
- The engagement ring that Grace Kelly wears in “High Society” is the actual engagement ring given to her by Prince Rainier of Monaco and this was Grace Kelly’s final movie before becoming Princess Grace.
Here’s a recent photo of me and hubby, I’m not sure where the 29 years have gone – how time flies when you’re having fun … and we always do (grin!).
As T Stands for Tuesday, I am sharing my cup of green tea, and to link to the angel on my page I’m having a slice of angel cake with it – Happy T Day! I think I bagsy the big slice at the back (double grin!).
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Pébéo White Gesso
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Craf-T Products (Luster Rub-ons Metallic)
- Derwent Graphik Line Marker (Black 0.5mm)
- Sharpie permanent Fine Point Marker (Black)
- Dovecraft upper and lower case alphabet stamp set (WDN ALPHA STMP DCVW0050)
- The Works M&C Boutique (Design Block)
- White tissue paper
- Gold Leaf
- Self-adhesive Felt Border (Scrolls FE196)
- Magenta Style Outline Stickers (Daisy Gold 93326G)
- Gold Outline Stickers (Stars, Love)
- Annie Sloan (Water Based Gold Size)
- UHU Stic
- The Range double-sided foam tape