Hello everyone, I’m so excited to be Guest Designer at Creative Artiste for their June #50 Anything Mixed Media Goes challenge this month.
I am often inspired by things I see and do, so my art journal page today is inspired by the quote “never lose your sense of wonder”. I had so much fun using lots of Mixed Media to create my page, I hope you like it!
I started by cutting papers into squares and rectangles and collaging them onto the page to make a grid pattern. Then I used a ruler to outline them with a black Uni Pin marker. I used a dot and also a cross stencil to add some modelling paste and when dry, I covered it with some Pébéo white gesso.
Then I applied some black embossing powder using a Versamark watermark stamp pad over the modelling paste and heated it using my heat gun; I really like the grungy crackle effect that resulted. Next I coloured areas of the page with Acqua Dolce, Strawberry and Coconut Faber-Castell gelatos using my finger to smudge the colours and also some white acrylic paint. I stamped a Script stamp from Kaisercraft using black Archival Ink and also applied some Celebration Pink DecoArt Glamour Dust through a Flourish stencil from That’s Crafty. When dry, I stamped a scroll and also an ornate circle stamp from Kaisercraft using black Archival Ink and splattered the whole page with white and also black acrylic paint.
I added three pink roses which I edged with a Cold Grey Faber-Castell Big Brush marker; they are stuck down using double-sided foam tape and then decorated with Icicle Stickles to add some sparkle. To finish, I added the words “never lose your sense of wonder” which is from a Kaisercraft sticker sheet and outlined with a black Uni Pin marker.
I’d like to thank Creative Artiste for having me as Guest Designer this month! I love everything mixed media so had fun creating this page, I hope that you will join in their Anything Mixed Media Goes challenge too – Happy Crafting!
This quote always makes me remember the amazing flowers that have appeared on the palm trees in our garden, aren’t they magical! My hubby says they look like Christmas trees and the bees love them, so much so that when you walk passed the whole flower is buzzing (grin!).
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Uni Pin Fine Line marker (Black 0.8mm)
- Pébéo Modeling Paste
- Pébéo White Gesso
- Tsukineko Versamark (Watermark Stamp Pad)
- Papermania Embossing Powder (Black)
- Faber-Castell Gelato (Acqua Dolce, Strawberry, Coconut)
- Art Discount Arcylic (White)
- DecoArt Glamour Dust (Celebration Pink)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- DecoArt Crafter’s Acrylic (Black)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Cold Grey IV 233)
- Craft Sensations (Deco Stencil 154892)
- That’s Crafty! 8x8ins Stencil (Flourish TC8024)
- Kaisercraft clear stamp (Script CS752, Magnolia Grove CS822)
- The Works Design Pad (Vintage Love CRO707/TW25)
- K & Company Die Cut Cardstock (Floral by Susan Winget)
- Kaisercraft Sticker Sheet (Secret Garden SS283)
- Ranger Stickles (Icicle)
- Ranger Heat Gun
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- The Range double-sided foam tape