As spring is officially here, I was inspired to create this page using a mainly green colour palette to say Hello Spring – I hope you like it!
I started by die cutting a lattice pattern out of some pretty vintage floral paper using a Spellbinders die and my Big Shot machine; I stuck the die cut lattice and resulting tile pieces onto the page using a Pritt Stick and covered them with Liquitex matte gel medium. Then I added some Peeled Paint Distress Ink by stamping the ink pad onto a blending matt, adding water and applying it to the page using a paintbrush; I let the ink run down the page and pool around the die cut pieces. Once the ink was dry, I emphasised the die cut lattice and tiles by shading around them with a Bud Green and Moss Spectrum Aqua Marker, a Cold Grey Faber-Castell Big Brush marker and also a black Uni Pin marker, smudging the colours with my finger. I stamped a texture stamp from BoBunny using a Cold Grey Faber-Castell Big Brush marker over the background which reminded me of woven willow fencing. Next I die cut some leaves out of green paper using Garden Green thinlets by Tim Holtz and coloured them using Mowed lawn Distress Ink and Cottage Ivy Memento Ink; they are stuck to the page using a Zig Memory System glue pen. I added the pink mini paper flower embellishments using Ranger Glossy Accents and added some mini pearl gemstones to their centres. The wording is cut from a magazine and is mounted on a recycled piece of card. I doodled along the leaf die cut edges and also framed the wording using a black Uni Pin marker and splattered the whole page with Peeled Paint Distress Ink, then black and also white DecoArt acrylic paint. To finish, I added lots of tiny butterfly stickers.
The colours of the pretty flowers on this page remind me of these roses which are adorning my kitchen table at the moment; the shades of pink and cream colours are so beautiful!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn)
- Tsukineko Memento Ink (Cottage Ivy)
- Spectrum Aqua Markers (Bud Green, Moss)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Cold Grey IV 233)
- Uni Pin Fine Line marker (Black 0.05mm)
- DecoArt Crafter’s Acrylic (Black, White)
- Spellbinders Die – unknown
- BoBunny Stamp (Rough It Up 12105155)
- Sizzix Thinlets Tim Holtz Alterations (Garden Greens 661206)
- The Works M&C Boutique (Design Block 25 x 25cm, Mini Paper Flower Embellishments)
- Crafter’s Companion Designer Paper Pad (Angelica & Adam Collection A&A-PAP6-M)
- Old Magazine
- Recycled white card
- Home Bargains Special Occasion (Mini Decorative Stickers 22740)
- Fancy Sticker Sheet (Flowers & Butterflies 28965)
- Pritt Stick
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- Zig Memory System 2 Way Glue (Dual Action Glue Pen)
- Ranger Glossy Accents