We are so pleased to launch our first challenge of 2020 over at Try it on Tuesday:
Such a cutie/ Make someone smile
So I couldn’t resist using my favourite Merry Moose Tim Holtz thinlet set as the moose is such a cutie and always makes me smile especially with his antlers decorated with New Years bunting – wishing you all a Happy New Year!
To start, I coloured the background using Cracked Pistachio Distress Stain and when dry I stencilled the stars using the same Distress Stain too. I fussy cut a star constellation design in a semi-circle shape from an American Crafts paper pad and stuck it to the bottom of the page using a glue stick.
Next I die cut the moose using the Tim Holtz thinlet set and my Big Shot machine from some linen textured paper. I coloured the moose Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso Distress Ink and his antlers using Scattered Straw and Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I edged the moose with a Dark Sepia Faber-Castell Big Brush marker and stuck him in place using a Zig Memory System glue pen. For the bunting, I stamped a bunting image onto some coloured design paper using black Archival Ink and fussy cut them out. Then I arranged some black wax cotton around the moose antlers and stuck the bunting triangles onto it.
I also stamped the bunting onto the top of the page and onto some more of the coloured design paper; again I cut the bunting triangles out of the paper and stuck them on top of the stamped bunting images. I added the gold glittery letters to create the wording “Happy New Year” and “2020” and also three clusters of stickers from Tim Holtz which I thought were appropriate for the New Year; they read “Artist – Life is full of beauty”, “Exploring – The first step in the journey” and “Wishing – peace, happiness and love”. Then to finish, I added lots of glittery flowers and dots which are Glitterations stickers.
For more inspiration please pop over to see the amazing cutie creations from my Design Teamies over at Try it on Tuesday, they are sure to make you smile!
As T Stands for Tuesday, I’m toasting in the New Year with a cocktail of pineapple gin and cream soda – Happy T Day! The pineapple gin was homemade by soaking pineapple fruit pieces in gin with some sugar for 4 weeks – so yummy!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Tim Holtz Distress Stain (Cracked Pistachio)
- Creative Stencils Craft Essentials (Stars MAOB0004)
- American Crafts Paper Pad (DIY Shop 366665)
- Pritt Stick
- Craft Sensations (Luxury Cardstock with Linen Texture CRO240/GE)
- Wilko Metallic Glitter Tape (Gold)
- Sizzix Thinlets Tim Holtz (Merry Moose 663103)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Brushed Corduroy, Ground Espresso, Antique Linen)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Dark Sepia 175 B)
- Zig Memory System 2-Way Glue (Dual Action Glue Pen)
- Black wax cotton thread
- Paperstash from local craft shop
- Hobbycraft Clear Stamp (Bunting SO300HC)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Trimcraft Alphabet & Number Stickers (Gold Glitter SCSTK013)
- Docrafts Papermania Glitterations (Gold Flowers ANT8181020)
- Tim Holtz idea-ology (Clippings Stickers #TH93583)