We love living by the sea and feel very blessed that our house is only 2-3 minutes walk from the beach, so today’s page is inspired by the Sun, Sand and Surf (grin!).
I started by adding Pébéo modelling paste using a Fossil stencil and then to represent the colours of the sun, sand and sea, I applied Yellow, Fawn and Aquamarine Spectrum Aqua Markers by scribbling them onto an acrylic block, spritzing with water and pressing the block or dripping the ink onto the page. Then I fussy cut the compass, anchor and lighthouse from some design paper and glued them in place, like all of the paper elements, using Liquitex Matte Gel Medium. Once dry I outlined them using black Derwent Graphik markers to add more definition and make them stand out from the background more. Next I die cut the letters using a Docrafts die set and my Big Shot machine using design paper by American Crafts and I outlined them using the same Derwent Graphik markers again. I also used the American Crafts Design Paper to frame the postage stamp which I choose as it matched the page colours beautifully; it’s from my hubby’s childhood postage stamp collection that he kindly gifted to me for my art journaling (grin!). I stamped some little bubbles from a stamp set by Paperbabe Stamps using Teal Zeal Memento Ink. To finish, I added some compass stickers and two strips of blue ribbon to the top and bottom of the page.
We often walk or take a tandem ride along the beach front; even in the height of summer on our particular beach, as you can see in the background, there is plenty of space for everyone (the tide often goes out 3km / 1.8miles) …
… and even when the tide is in the views are still stunning, I always pinch myself as I feel blessed to live in such a beautiful place (grin!).
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Pébéo Modeling Paste
- That’s Crafty! Dinky Stencil (Fossil)
- Spectrum Aqua Artist Marker (Yellow, Fawn, Aquamarine)
- Craft Sensations Design Pad (Vintage Travels CRO378/18R)
- Docrafts X-Cut A5 Die Set (Folk Alphabet XCU03286)
- American Crafts Papers (DIY Shop 366665)
- Derwent Graphik Line Marker (Black 0.05mm & 0.1mm)
- Postage Stamp (St. Vincent 1975) from Hubby’s childhood collection
- Paperbabe Stamps stamp set (Oriental Zen)
- Tsukineko Memento Ink (Teal Zeal)
- Poundland Fun Stickers (Sailor SKU136785)
- Poundworld (Adhesive Ribbon U-80933)
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- The Range double-sided foam tape