The new challenge for the next two weeks at Try it on Tuesday is Autumn Colours.
I love the colours of autumn so I had fun creating this page and there’s not a leaf in sight – I hope you like it!
I started by covering the page with Pébéo white gesso and modelling paste using a paintbrush. When dry, I applied Peat Moss, Potting Soil, Orange Blossom and Buttercup Wendy Vecchi Blendable Dye Inks and Fired Brisk Distress Ink over the top and spritzed them with water letting the inks drip across the page and left it to dry. Then I splattered the page using gold Liquitex Ink.
Next I added some gold Ranger embossing powder over the inks using a VersaMark Watermark stamp pad and my heat gun.
The eagle picture was cut from an old book and edged using a Dark Sepia Faber-Castell Big Brush marker and some of the gold embossing powder; it was stuck in place using double-sided tape. As the eagle symbolises courage and power, I added some Small Talk stickers from Tim Holtz which read “Shine like the whole universe is yours”, “be Fearless” and “be brave with your life”. They were coloured using Yellow Ochre Kuretake watercolour paint to blend them into the background more.
Next I added some gold Glitterations border stickers to the page and then applied some of the gold embossing powder to some Bozzy Bear wood chippies which I coloured using a Dark Sepia Faber-Castell Big Brush marker; they were stuck down using Ranger Glossy Accents which finished the page.
For more inspiration, my fellow Design Teamies have been having fun with Autumn Colours over at Try it on Tuesday too, please pop over and take a look.
As T Stands for Tuesday and it’s autumn I’m sharing our homebrewed pumpkin beer – cheers and Happy T Day! This copper beer has to be my favourite beer, it has a lovely hint of pumpkin and pumpkin spice aroma; this one came at 5.78% abv (alcohol by volume). We discovered pumpkin beer when we visited Federal Jack’s in Kennebunkport, Maine. They serve it with an optional shot of spiced rum added, so we have tried it that way too; it’s so nice and warming on a cold autumn day, though I limit myself to only one as it’s quite potent (grin!).
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Pébéo White Gesso
- Pébéo Modelling Paste
- Ranger Wendy Vicchi Make Art Blendable Dye Inks (Peat Moss, Potting Soil, Orange Blossom, Buttercup)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Fired Brick)
- Liquitex! Ink (Iridescent Bright Gold)
- Tsukineko VersaMark (Watermark Stamp Pad)
- Tsukineko VersaMarker (Watermark Pen)
- Ranger Embossing Powder (Gold)
- Old book
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Dark Sepia 175 B)
- X-Press It! double-sided tape
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Stickers (Small Talk #TH93193)
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi Japanese Watercolour Paint set (Yellow Ochre No.44)
- Docrafts Papermania Glitterations (Gold Borders ANT8181012)
- Boozybear Wooden Chipboard pieces
- Ranger Glossy Accents