I have plenty to be thankful for including the wonderful life with my hubby and my dearest friends; so as its Thanksgiving next week I had fun creating this autumnal thankful page.
I’m sending Happy Thanksgiving wishes to those of you who are celebrating Thanksgiving next week, have a wonderful time!
To start, I painted the page with Hooker’s Green, Yellow Oxide and Raw Umber Liquitex acrylic paint and then applied Pébéo white gesso over the top with a brayer. When dry, I stamped some leaves by Tim Holtz using Vintage Photo, Ground Espresso and Hickory Smoke Distress Archival Ink and a grid design by Sheena Douglass using Potter’s Clay, Cottage Green and Rich Cocoa Memento Ink. I also stamped some grungy dots using black Archival Ink and both of the above Distress Archival Inks and then I splattered the page with white gesso. Next I recycled some thanksgiving magazine images of a dinner service portraying a turkey, duck, pheasant and partridge; they are fussy cut, edged with a Sanguine Faber-Castell Big Brush marker and stuck to the page using a UHU Stic. They are arranged with some pretty acrylic daisy flowers and autumnal coloured leaves which I die cut using Tim Holtz thinlets. The leaves are cut from some textured metallic papers, edged using Ground Espresso Distress Ink and a blending tool, and stuck into place using glue dots. To finish, I added the “Be Thankful” wording which is a piece of washi tape which I stuck onto some white card and stuck into place using double-sided tape.
The autumn leaves seemed to have been and gone quickly this year; when we walked around Lytham Hall with our friends this week we found that most of the trees had lost their leaves so there was a thick coating of leaves along the pathways. There were really only these Beech trees which still retained their beautiful autumnal leaves.
Of course, little Ellie was in her element chasing leaves and picking up sticks, although I think this stick may have been a little big for her. As you can see her coat has got quite long so she’s off for a trim at the doggie stylists this week (grin!).
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Liquitex Basic Acrylic Color (Hooker’s Green, Yellow Oxide, Raw Umber)
- Pébéo White Gesso
- Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous (Falling Leaves CMS097)
- Ranger Distress Archival Ink (Vintage Photo, Ground Espresso, Hickory Smoke)
- Sheena by Sheena Douglass Create a Flower Rubber Stamps (Funky Textures 2)
- Tsukineko Memento Ink (Potter’s Clay, Cottage Ivy, Rich Cocoa)
- Creative Stamping Magazine Issue #61 (Autumnal Treasures)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Recycled images from Old Magazine
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Sanguine 188 B)
- UHU Stic
- Crafty Things (Acrylic Daisy Stickers)
- Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlets (Fall Foilage 660955)
- Paper Bundle from local Craft Shop
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ground Espresso)
- Stix2 glue dots
- Washi tape
- Recycled white cardstock
- X-Press It! double-sided tape