As it is Easter this weekend I was inspired to create an art journal page to wish all of you who celebrate – a very Happy Easter!
I started by applying diluted Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink to the page by stamping the pad onto an acrylic block and picking the ink up with a wet paintbrush. Then I sprinkled on some Leaf Green Colourfast Brusho powder and spritzed it with water to watch the colours burst onto the page. I used a stencil by Dutch Doobadoo Masks to add a dot design using Peacock Feathers Distress Ink and a circle design using Mustard Seed Distress Ink. I also added Picked Raspberry Distress Ink using a star stencil from Creative Stencils and then stamped a Script stamp by Kaisercraft using black Archival Ink. Next I edged the page with the Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink and a blending tool and splattered the whole page with white and black DecoArt acrylic paint. The eggs and flowers are made from felt and are stuck to the page using a UHU glue pen and glue dots. I drew lines on the page for the stems and then covered them with either strips of black gems or black border Glitterations stickers. I also added some little black flower stickers and the words “smile” and “fun” which are stickers from Sandylion Sticker Designs and stamped some leaves from Hampton Art using black Archival Ink. To finish, I fussy cut a “Happy Easter” banner which I recycled from an advertising leaflet, backed it with white card, edged it with a black Faber-Castell Big Brush marker and stuck it to the page using double-sided tape.
Continuing the Easter theme, here are some of the little chicks and eggs that are adorning my seasonal window (grin!)
There are about 24 chicks adorning the branches – aren’t they cute!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Spiced Marmalade, Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry)
- Colourcraft Brusho Colours (Leaf Green)
- DecoArt Crafter’s Acrylic (White, Black)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Black 199)
- Derwent Graphik Line Marker (Black 0.8mm)
- Dutch Doobadoo Dutch Mask Art A5 (Geometric Tiles)
- Creative Stencils Craft Essentials (MAOB0004 – Stars)
- Kaisercraft Clear Stamp (Script CS752)
- Hampton Art Bella Blvd cling mounted rubber stamps (Surf & Turf ICO226
- Advertising leaflet
- White card
- Poundland (Design Gems 175751)
- Docrafts Papermania Glitterations Stickers (Black Border ANT8181015)
- Sandylion Sticker Designs Kelly Panacci (Stitches & Borders KSCB102)
- Aldi (Easter Collection Bonnet Accessories 25099751)
- Home Bargains (Decorative Sticks 38352)
- Wilko (Sticky Dots)
- UHU Glue Pen
- The Range double-sided foam tape