Our new challenge over at Try it on Tuesday is Black and White plus One Extra Colour.
I used black, white and red to create this feminine vintage page featuring love and peace as well as a beautiful saying – “Throw kindness around like confetti”.
I started this page with by using up ink (that was leftover from my previous card making tutorial) on an Interlocking Circles stencil from Creative Expressions; using the stencil like a stamp which already had some Black Soot Distress Ink left on it. I spritzed the stencil with water and then pressed it onto the page firmly using a brayer. Then I used a baby wipe to clean the remaining ink off the stencil which added more layers of the ink to the page. The words “Peace” and “Love”, the ticket, ornate frames, postage mark, bees, text and flowers are stamped onto white tissue paper using black Archival Ink; these were all leftover from previous projects as I often stamp images onto tissue paper before using it on a page to see if they suit the design and also to decide where to place them. I then used the Interlocking Circles stencil again to add more Black Soot Distress Ink using a blending tool. Then I die cut some hearts from some recycled red foil cardstock using Falling Hearts Thinlets from Tim Holtz and arranged them on the page like confetti to depict the “Throw kindness around like confetti” wording which is a Small talk sticker from Tim Holtz.
As it was Easter this month we have been enjoying Hot Cross Buns so as T Stands for Tuesday, I’m sharing my cuppa with a Hot Cross Bun filled with Lancashire cheese which is a white crumbly cheese produced locally – yum! Happy T Day everyone!
Stay safe and keep well! x
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Creative Expressions Mini Stencil (Interlocking Circles)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot)
- White Tissue Paper stamped: Hampton Art 7 Gypsies (Birdsong ICO151); Crafter’s Companion Vintage Floral Collection (Floral Sentiments VF-ST-FSENT); Eco Green Crafts Recycled Rubber Art Stamps (Petal Party #40309); Docrafts Papermania Urban Stamps (All Aboard – Tags PMA907178); Docrafts A5 Clear Stamps (Alpha Trad DCE907116)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Pritt Stick
- Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlets (Falling Hearts 664415)
- Recycled Foil Cardstock (Red)
- Zig Memory System 2-way Glue (Dual Action Glue Pen)
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Stickers (Small Talk #TH93193)