It’s a new month so we are launching our May challenge over at the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog, and as always the theme is:
Anything Mixed Media Goes.
I was inspired by the beautiful tulips in my garden and had fun playing around with mixed media to create this Tulip art journal page. I hope you’ll join in the fun too; it would be lovely to see you there!
I started by ripping and fussy cutting a tulip napkin and then I stuck the pieces into place using a glue stick. I painted around the napkin pieces with Parchment Liquitex acrylic paint and while the paint was still wet I added some Vivid Green Liquitex acrylic paint using a palette knife so it matched the napkin background. When the paint was dry, I stamped a Script stamp from Kaisercraft using black Archival Ink and also a crackle texture stamp from BoBunny using Pistachio Memento Ink over the painted areas.
Then I added some Ranger Texture Paste using a heart stencil that I created with a Falling Hearts Thinlet set from Tim Holtz and when dry, the hearts were coloured using Red Violet, Crimson and Magenta Spectrum Aqua markers. Next I added the “Tulips” wording using letter stickers from Kaisercraft and also a pretty blue butterfly from an Ephemera Pack by Tim Holtz.
To finish, I added some shadow to the tulips with a Charcoal grey Derwent Inktense pencil and then emphasised the tulip petals using a black Uni Pin marker and white Uniball gel pen.
I hope that you are inspired to join our Anything Mixed Media Goes Challenge! For more inspiration please check out the amazing creations from my fellow Design Team members over at Creative Artiste too.
This year the tulips in our garden have been beautiful.
I love all the colours and structure that they have added to our flower border.
We plan to add more tulip bulbs every year; we planted these striped tulips a few years ago …
… and these gorgeous purple tulips are the ones that we planted in November last year (grin!).
Hoping that you all stay safe and keep well! x
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Tulip Napkin
- Pritt Stick
- Liquitex Artist Color Acrylic (Parchment)
- Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylic (Vivid Lime Green)
- Kaisercraft Clear Stamps (Script CS752)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- BoBunny Stamp (Rough It Up 12105155)
- Tsukineko Memento Ink (Pistachio)
- Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlets (Falling Hearts 664415)
- Ranger Texture paste
- Spectrum Aqua Artist Marker (Red Violet, Crimson, Magenta)
- Kaisercraft Sticker Sheet (Mix & Match – Alpha SS252)
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Ephemera Pack (Field Notes #TH94051)
- Stix2 Glue Dots
- Derwent Inktense Pencil (Charcoal Grey 2100)
- Uni Pin Fine Line Marker (Black 0.2mm)
- Uniball Signo Gel Pen (White)