Today I’m over at A Vintage Journey with our Monthly Creative Card Making tutorial.
I’m sharing how I created some Mixed Media cards that are suitable for different occasions such as birthdays, to say thank you or even just simply to say hello (grin!).
I was really pleased with the design and how they came together!
You may have already guessed that I used one of my favourite smooshing techniques using inks to create a Masterboard background.
It was fun making the Masterboard with all the layers of stamping and stencilling, and when it was complete I cut it into four background panels.
I kept the design simple by adding a pretty white flower and butterfly die cut and some inspirational wording; I really like how they contrast against the colourful inky background.
Please check out my full tutorial over to A Vintage Journey where you’ll find lots more photos and details of how they came together.
Of course some of you may remember me using the leftovers pieces of this Masterboard on my Happy Easter page and ….
…. Easter cards too (grin!).
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Stay safe and keep well! x
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this card:
- Daler-Rowney A4 Mixed Media Paper
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Peeled Paint, Peacock Feathers, Twisted Citron, Black Soot)
- Creative Expressions Mini Stencil (Interlocking Circles CEMSINTER)
- Ranger Distress Archival Ink (Black Soot)
- Prima Marketing Finnabair Stamps (Old Receipt #966980)
- Tim Holtz Collection Stampers Anonymous (Documented CMS226)
- Art Discount Acrylic Paint (White)
- DecoArt Crafter’s Acrylic (Black)
- Ranger Texture Paste
- Tim Holtz Layering Mini Stencil (Set 16 THMST016)
- Craft Sensations (Luxury Cardstock with Linen Texture CRO240/GE)
- Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlets (Wildflower Stems #2 664164)
- Tim Holtz Sizzix Sidekick Die Cut (Springtime 662711)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Marker (Black 199)
- Zig Memory System 2-Way Glue (Dial Action Glue Pen)
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Stickers (Small Talk #TH93193)
- White cardstock
- X-Press It! double-sided tape