October means a week of Birthday celebrations for my hubby! So we went to one of our favourite places, Liverpool and discovered a wonderful café called Moose Coffee which inspired this page.
To start I added 3 strips of washi tape to the page and applied silver metallic paint with my finger and then a baby wipe. I used stencils to build up layers of metallic copper ink spray and Brusho crystal powers which I diluted with water to make a spray and then Distress inks which I applied using a blending tool. I edged the page by applying Faber-Castell Big Brush marker ink using an old plastic gift card and then added the pumpkin images which are rub-on transfers. The moose is cut from decoupage paper and stuck to the page using a UHU stic, it is outlined with Big Brush marker and the words “hot chocolate” and “pumpkin spice” are stamped using Memento Ink. I used the lovely takeaway cup from the café to adorn my page too, using my Big Brush marker again to edge them.
Liverpool has some beautiful architecture, here’s the wonderful café building, isn’t it fab!
I love this sign too – this metal work inspired the industrial look of my page and the use of the metallic paint and spray.
So when we saw all the syrups in the café window, we went in and asked if they had Pumpkin syrup. They did so instead of coffee we requested a shot of their pumpkin spice syrup in a hot chocolate, which is not at all common here in the UK so we got some surprised looks. They use real chocolate to make their hot chocolate drink and with the addition of the pumpkin spice syrup it was so very very yummy! In fact we liked it so much that we ordered a bottle of the syrup to add to the hot chocolate we make at home. I’m wishing a Happy T Day to everyone over at T Stands for Tuesday and a big hello to all of the T Gang!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Michelle Marsden Crafts Scrumptious Precious Metal Spritzer (Copper)
- Colourcraft Brusho Crystals (Dark Brown)
- Poundland Metallic Acrylic Paint (Silver)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Brushed Corduroy, Black Soot)
- Memento Dye Ink (Rich Cocoa)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush artist pen (Sanguine 188 B, Dark Sepia 175 B)
- Uni Pin Fine Line marker (Black 0.1mm)
- Viva Décor Universal Stencil (Past Times 9002 703 00)
- Creative Expressions That Touch of Mica Masks (Distressed Dots)
- Ranger Dina Wakley Media Stencil (Wheels MDS45588)
- Docrafts A5 clear stamp set (Alpha Folk DCE907115)
- The Works (Enjoy the Ride Washi Tape)
- The Works Santoro Decoupage Paper (SNDEC043)
- Royal & Langnickel Rub-on Transfers (Bats, Cats & Ghosts #EDW355 Rub-on)
- UHU Stic