This year we were fortunate enough to be invited to the Royal Horticultural Society’s North West In Bloom awards ceremony, which we attended last week. We are part of a team of volunteers for St. Anne’s on the Sea In Bloom who won a Gold Medal award at the event. My page celebrates this fantastic achievement and our day at the awards ceremony.
I tore strips of paper from a dressmaking pattern and stuck them to the page using Liquitex matte gel medium, and while the medium was still tacky I added the gold leaf which represents our gold award. I stamped the serpentine background by Art Impressions using black Archival Ink, and started adding clusters of gold flowers which are outline stickers. The purple flowers are also stickers and the colour matches the theme and table setting at the event. As you can see I added lots of flowers to depict “In Bloom”. I used the complimentary programme to add the menu, date and logo, which I outlined with a purple Spectrum Aqua marker and then stuck to the page using a UHU Stic. I diluted some of the same purple Aqua marker ink with water on an acrylic block and splattered it finely onto the page using a paint brush. To finish I added three metal vintage stickers with purple gemstone centres.
Delighted members of the team can be seen collecting our award!
Here is me and hubby enjoying the day and posing for a celebratory photo!
There were lots of stalls and free giveaways, one of which were these beautiful winter pansies that we have just potted up in our favourite planter – aren’t they pretty!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Spectrum Aqua Artist Marker (Purple)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush artist pen (Black 199)
- Uni Pin Fine Line marker (Black 0.1mm)
- Art Impressions wood mounted stamp (Serpentine Background T-2773)
- Docrafts Anita’s Outline Stickers (Simple Flowers Gold ANT8101102)
- Fancy Stickers Sheet (Flowers & Butterflies 28965)
- Poundworld DécoTime Vintage Stickers (54748)
- Style dressmaking pattern
- Event programme
- Gold leaf
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- UHU Stic