To celebrate Valentine’s Day tomorrow I created this art journal page and I used my winter window display as inspiration too as it looks so pretty with the red hearts and white snowflakes (double grin!).
Over at Try it on Tuesday, our current theme is Love is in the Air (think Hearts, Valentine’s Day, Love etc) and there is still another week to join in the fun, so it would be great to see you there!
I started by covering the page in a thin layer of Pébéo white gesso in preparation for the Faber-Castell Gelatos that I added next. Once dry, I graduated the Gelato colours using Iced Currant around the edges of the page then Iced Rosé then Metallic Icing in the centre using a sponge to blend them. Next I stamped some bars of music and a scroll border from Penny Black and also an “I Love You!” stamp by Hampton Art using black Archival Ink. I stamped my favourite circle and heart design from Sugarloaf Inc. using a VersaMark watermark stamp pad and covered it with white Stampendous embossing powder making sure any excess powder was removed using a paintbrush. Once the excess powder was safely returned to its container, I used a heat gun to melt the embossing powder. I swept the gun over the stamped images, taking care not to direct the heat in one area for too long until the embossing powder melted to a glossy finish and became smooth and dimensional. Then I used some silver metallic rub-on transfers from Royal & Langnickel to add the “Forever & Ever” and “Love” wording and also some hugs and kisses. For my snowflakes I used a trio snowflake die from Tonic Studios and some recycled white card. They are stuck to the page using Liquitex Matte Gel Medium and I finished them using some pretty glitter and silver snowflakes and also some sparkly jewel stickers. For the small hearts, I used a paper punch from Tonic Studios and some recycled red card and stuck them in place using the matte gel medium again. The cupid heart and postcard are from a card making kit by Docrafts and are stuck in place using double-sided tape. I also added an “I Love You” sticker to the postcard which is by Graphic 45. The chalkboard heart is a tag and I tied a red piece of leather into a bow and added our initials which are foam sticker letters. I coloured the letters using red Stickles in the centre and then edged them with silver Stickles using a very steady hand (grin!). I added three red hearts, to the focal images, which are punched from the same red card using another paper punch from Tonic Studios and also some more sparkly jewel embellishments to the background which finished the page.
I love our Valentine’s window display this year; it looks extra special with the lovely winter decorations that I made and the beautiful “G” and “J” initial decorations that were bought for us for Christmas.
The red hearts and white of the decorations and snowflakes look lovely together and the snowflakes seem even more relevant as we have snow forecast for this week too (grin!).
As T Stands for Tuesday, I’m also sharing his and hers hot chocolates – normal hot chocolate for hubby and white hot chocolate for me (grin!) – Happy T day!
I’m glad I found out about Challenge Blogs like Try it on Tuesday as I enjoy taking part, they provide me with inspiration for my pages and are a wonderful way to meet like-minded arty people. So here are the challenges I’m joining today:
I’m pleased to join in the fun over at Moo Mania and More and their Valentine’s challenge.
As I included red on my page, I’m also joining the Roses are Red (use the colour Red) challenge over at The Artistic Stamper.
I’m pleased to be able to join Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and their It Must Be Love challenge with my Valentine’s inspired art journal page.
I’m also pleased to join the Photo Inspiration challenge over at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Pébéo White Gesso
- Faber-Castell Gelato (Iced Currant, Iced Rosé, Metallic Icing)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Tsukineko VersaMark (Watermark Stamp Pad)
- Script Metallic Pen (Silver)
- Stampendous Embossing Powder (Detail White Opaque)
- Sugarloaf Inc. Anita’s wood-mounted stamp (26645)
- Penny Black Stamp Set (Clearly in Love 30-009)
- Hampton Art Studio G clear stamps (VS4911)
- Tonic Studios Christmas Trio Die Set (Falling Snowflakes 17920)
- Red and white card (recycled Christmas cards)
- Royal & Langnickel Rub-on Transfers (Kisses and Hugs Silver #ROY790SV)
- Docrafts Papermania 6×6” Decoupage Card Kit (Victorian Valentine PMA169102)
- Graphic 45 Cardstock Stickers (Place in Time 4500617)
- Tonic Studios Paper Punch Accent (Hearts Sider 830E, Classic Heart Sider 858E)
- The Works (Chalkboard Heart Tags, Christmas Embellishments, Jewel Stickers)
- Trimcraft Alphabet & Number Stickers (Glitter – Gold SCSTK013)
- Ranger Stickles (Christmas Red, Silver)
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- Docrafts Stick It! double-sided tape
- The Range double-sided foam tape