Today I have created an art journal page to celebrate love as I’m so looking forward to the wedding of some very dear friends next month. I used my favourite blue Brusho colours to create the dreamy background and thought that Paris would be the perfect city for Amour (grin!).
I started by sprinkling Turquoise and Ultra Marine Colourcraft Brusho powders onto the page and spritzed them with water. I love watching the colours burst to life as you add the water and as Brushos are made up of the different component coloured powders that create the main colour, purple can be seen on the page too from the Ultra Marine powder. Once dry, I stamped Eiffel Tower image onto the page and also onto some blue/grey spotted design paper using a stamp called “City of Love” by Penny Black and black Archival Ink which I used for all the stamping on my page. I used the same “City of Love” stamp to add the black swirls along the edges of the page, as well as the two hearts and the word “amour” over the background. Again I stamped these images onto the blue/grey paper, fussy cut them out and edged them using a black Faber-Castell Big Brush marker. Then I stamped a leaf tile stamp from Rubber Soul, two birds sitting on a branch from Dovecraft and the word “Paris” from 7 Gypsies stamp set by Hampton Art directly onto the page. Next I added some diamond-shaped border stickers by Kaisercraft and also silver outline stickers along the edges of the page; then I outlined them both with a black Uni Pin marker, which took quite a while as the outline stickers are quite an intricate design. I then added the stamped blue/grey paper images to the page sticking them in place using a UHU Stic. For the main Eiffel Tower image, I layered it over a white doily and it is stuck into place using double-sided tape. I then added the black round brads to the “amour” signs, lots of flowers which I had embellished with blue gems and also a glittery silver butterfly which finished the page.
Paris is such a lovely place to visit, here is the Eiffel Tower when we visited some years ago; it looks spectacular by day and by night (grin!).
The wrought ironwork is amazing, if you want to find out more about the Eiffel Tower please check out my previous post.
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Colourcraft Brusho Colours Crystals (Turquoise, Ultra Marine)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Uni Pin Fine Line marker (Black 0.2mm)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Black 199)
- Penny Black 2007 wood-mounted stamp (City of Love 3800K)
- Rubber Soul wood-mounted stamp (Leaf Tile 276K)
- Dovecraft Clear Stamp (DCCS014)
- Hampton Art 7 Gypsies Vintage cling mounted rubber stamps (Birdsong ICO151)
- Craft Sensations Design Pad (Vintage Glory 154898)
- Kaisercraft Sticker Set (Fly Free SS289)
- Docraft Anita’s Outline Stickers (Timeless Borders ANT810117)
- Dovecraft Premium Paper Doilies (Painted Blooms DCDLS010)
- Brads (Round Black)
- Poundland (Accessories Pack 60911, Gem Florettes 117128)
- The Works (Wooden Craft Butterflies CR1292)
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- UHU Stic
- The Range double-sided foam tape