Today’s new challenge at Try it on Tuesday is Slap it on… this could be paint, colour, texture, collage or like me washi tapes. It’s all about having fun and getting messy.
There is some amazing inspiration from the Design Team this month too, so please pop over to Try it on Tuesday to take a look.
Inspired by our new theme and discussions about washi tape collections, thanks to Eileen and Halle, I decided to have some fun and use all my washi tapes to create this page. So in no particular order I picked a washi tape and then simply tore off a piece of tape and randomly slapped it onto the page to form the background. Using all my washi tape stash was great fun and created quite a mess on my craft desk, I even included my Christmas, fabric and metallic ones too; I love the way it turned out with all the different patterns and styles. Next I die cut two stitched edged circles using my Big Shot Machine and stuck the butterflies and wording onto them which are from a Kaisercraft sticker sheet. I thought the words were appropriate for this page, they read “Days like today make me happy” and “Love”. I thought the circles needed something more so I quickly placed some stripes of washi tape onto a piece of recycled card and used a Garden Greens Sizzix Thinlet by Tim Holtz to cut out the leaves. They are stuck onto the circles using a glue stick and then to finish I stuck the circles to the page using double-sided tape.
Last week Eileen and Halle asked us to share our washi tape collection at T Stands for Tuesday so here is mine (grin!). As I don’t use washi tapes that much, I don’t have too many, although I have been inspired to use more of them lately. I’ve used them on this page as well as on my previous post, so thanks for the inspiration ladies!
With family staying last week, we have been out and about enjoying ourselves and as such I have quite a few options for T Day this week which could have included a fun photo of a VW Beetle, taken at a local car show (also on my previous post).
We also have green tea at the Wyreside Café …
…or perhaps a cooling beer or glass of ice water with lemon at The Royal Oak in Garstang.
Whatever your drink preference, thanks for stopping by and wishing you a Happy T Day!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- The Works (Washi Tapes x 6 packs, Spotted Paper Tapes, Fabric Tapes, Enjoy the Ride Wash Tape))
- Poundland (3 Washi Tapes 137660, Washi Tapes 156456 x 3 tapes, Fabric Tape 156456-GE16, Set of 4 Metallic Tapes)
- Quality Toys Group Made by Me (Washi Tape 2544960)
- Crelando (Decorative Tape x 4 packs)
- Wilko (Glitter Tape)
- Hobbycraft Decorative Tape (Assorted Black & White 5971481007)
- Docrafts Papermania Capsule Collection (Patterned Craft Tape Spots & Stripes PMA462302, Woven Fabric Tape Midnight Blush PMA462213)
- The Works M&C Boutique (Cutting Dies)
- Sizzix Thinlets by Tim Holtz Alterations (Garden Greens 661206)
- Craft Sensations Design Pad (Bright Colours CRO730/R)
- Kaisercraft Sticker Sheet (Fly Free SS289)
- Stix2 double-sided tape