With Halloween fast approaching I thought I’d have some fun and create this happy page to celebrate! I’m also pleased to be joining some of my favourite blog challenges which have inspired me to create this Tricks ‘n’ Treats page – Thank You!
I started by covering the background with Light Red Winsor & Newton watercolour paint using a baby wipe and then I splattered some black DecoArt acrylic paint using a paintbrush to add lots of texture and interest. I watered down some Pébéo white gesso and splattered that onto the page too; I like the way these dots have a spooky translucency to them. I tore some black cobweb decoupage paper from Dovecraft into three pieces and stuck them onto the page using a UHU Stic. Once the glue had dried, I distressed areas of the decoupage paper by rubbing it with a baby wipe. Then I coloured these areas using a Sanguine Faber-Castell Big Brush marker, smudging the colour with my finger and I also outlined some of the cobwebs with a white Pentel Hybrid gel pen so they stood out more. Next I added the Halloween Tricks ‘n’ Treats images which are from two different sets of rub-on transfers by Royal & Langnickel. I added shadows under these images using a Cold Grey Faber-Castell Marker and Desert Spectrum Aqua Marker and also added more detail to them using a black Derwent Graphik marker and a white Pentel gel pen. To create the ground underneath the black cat and children images, I stamped a diamond design from Art Impressions at the bottom of the page using black Archival Ink, Sanguine Faber-Castell Big Brush marker ink and white Docrafts Pigment Ink; layering the diamond pattern using these different inks on top of one another. As I liked Corrie‘s use of modelling paste on her page over at Country View Challenge, I added modelling paste to my page too using a Mini Squares stencil by Creative Expressions; I applied the Pébéo modelling paste using an old gift card and found it so much easier than using a palette knife. When the paste had dried I edged the page using a black Faber-Castell Big Brush marker. Then to finish, I added the glittery flowers which are from Poundland and on the smaller flowers I exchanged the gemstone centres with red gems to tie into the colours that I’d used on the page.
As T Stands for Tuesday I’m sharing my cup of green tea and freshly homemade pumpkin roll filled with cream cheese frosting – what a “treat”, yum! I’m looking forward to chatting with all of the T Gang over a cuppa and wishing you all a Happy T Day!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Water Colours (Light Red)
- DecoArt Crafter’s Acrylic (Black)
- Pébéo White Gesso
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Docrafts Pigment Ink Pad (White)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Sanguine 188 B, Cold Grey IV 233, Black 199)
- Spectrum Aqua Artist Marker (Desert)
- Derwent Graphik Line Marker (Black 0.02mm)
- Pentel Hybrid Gel Grip pen (White)
- Pébéo Modeling Paste
- Art Impressions wood mounted rubber stamp (Diamond Background T-3335)
- Creative Expressions Mini Stencil (Mini Squares CEMSSQUARE)
- Dovecraft Essentials Decoupage Paper (DCDEC004)
- Royal & Langnickel Rub-on designed by Vicki Schreiner (Tricks’n’Treats #SCH688N Rub-on)
- Royal & Langnickel Rub-on (Bats, Cats & Ghosts #EDW355 Rub-on)
- Poundland (Accessories Pack 60911)
- Poundland (Mini Glitter Embellishments 59409)
- Oaktree UK Eleganza Craft Stickers (3mm 418 Gems Red No.16)
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- UHU Stic