As the flower border in our garden is looking so lovely with all the beautiful flowers that are in bloom, I’ve been inspired to create some flower art journal pages; this one celebrates bluebells and is the first of the flower pages that I will be sharing with you – I hope you like it!
I started by stencilling Brushed Corduroy and Ground Espresso Distress Ink using a blending tool through a mixed media stencil from Paperbabe Stamps. Then I added some water to the page and removed it with a piece of kitchen towel which also removed some of the stencilled ink. Next I cut the bluebell stems and foliage from some green design papers and stuck them in place using a glue stick. I added some more colour to them using an Apple Green and Field Green Inktense pencil. The bluebell flower heads are die cut, using a Funky Flower Thinlet from Tim Holtz, from recycled paper that was the closest match to the actual bluebell flower colour. I stuck them in place using a Zig glue pen and then coloured the veins of the flowers using a Bright Blue Inktense pencil. I added more detail to the flowers and foliage using a white Uniball pen and a black Uni Pin marker. To finish, I added a yellow butterfly which is a Botanical die cut from Tim Holtz and the wording “bluebells” which are Kaisercraft stickers.
You may remember that we have been working to improve the flower borders in our garden over the last couple of years.
As you can see the bluebells are looking particularly pretty this year and we even have small group of white bells (centre of photo) hence why I added one to my page (grin!).
Stay safe and keep well! x
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Paperbabe Stamps Mixed Media Stencil (ISO Fun)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Brushed Corduroy, Ground Espresso)
- B&M Craft Goody Bag (Turquoise 321451)
- Studio Light Paper Pad (PPSL84)
- Pritt Stick
- Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlets (Funky Florals #2 662701)
- Recycled Mixed Media Pad Cover
- Craft Sensations (Luxury Cardstock with Linen Texture CR0240/GE)
- Zig Memory System 2-way Glue (Dual Action Glue Pen)
- Inktense Derwent Pencils (Bright Blue 1000, Apple Green 1400, Field Green 1500)
- Uniball Signo gel pen (White)
- Uni Pin Fine Line marker (Black 0.05mm)
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Layers (Botanical #TH93554)
- Stix2 Glue Dots
- Kaisercraft Sticker Sheet (Mix & Match – Alpha SS252)