I know I’ve said it before – I love autumn! This time of year I’m always so inspired by the autumnal leaves and colours, so I created this page to enjoy autumn for what it is – my favourite season!
This page started with a piece of paper with leaves stamped on it which was leftover from a previous project. The leaf images are from a stamp set by BoBunny and I used black Archival Ink to stamp them onto a white A4 medium weight paper. I sprinkled Scarlet, Yellow, Orange and Dark Brown Colourcraft Brusho powders over the stamped images, spritzed them with water and watched the colours explode. Once dry I stamped some smaller leaf images from Crafter’s Companion using the black Archival Ink and then covered the paper with DecoArt Media Crackle Glaze, varying the thickness over the paper and left it to dry overnight.
Then I used a russet metallic lustre wax from Craf-T Products and diluted black Faber-Castell Big Brush marker to accentuate the crackle patterns. I added a border using striped paper as well as heart design paper from Design Pads by Craft Sensations using a UHU Stic and then I cut the A4 leaf paper I had created in half and stuck one half to the centre of the page. I added gold leaf peel-off stickers over the top of the border and also some Crochet Tape to create a frame. I stamped the quote “Autumn, the year’s last, loveliest smile” by William Cullen Bryant, using the same stamp set from Crafter’s Companion onto a piece of the striped paper using black Archival Ink, added some gold leaf peel-off stickers and also some Crochet Tape, which I had cut down to size, around the edge. To finish I fussy cut some of the smaller leaves from the other half of the A4 leaf paper I had created and stuck them to the page to give some more depth to the leaf images.
My seasonal window display shows my love for autumn leaves and colour too – it brightens my day and really makes me smile, I hope it does you too!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Colourcraft Brusho Colour (Scarlet, Yellow, Orange, Dark Brown)
- Craf-T Products Lustre Rub-ons Color Kit #4 (Russet)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Black 199)
- DecoArt Media Crackle Glaze (DMM16)
- BoBunny Stamps (Falling Leaves #12105154)
- Crafter’s Companion Signature Collection by Sara Davies Autumn Morning Stamp Set (Rustling Leaves S-AUT-ST-RUS)
- Craft Sensations Design Pad (Vintage Glory 154898, Soft Sweetness 154897)
- White paper
- Elizabeth Craft Designs Peel Off Stickers (Leaves Gold 0437)
- Home Bargains (Quaint Crochet Tape 22749)
- UHU Stic
- The Range double-sided foam tape