I was lucky enough to receive a box of Black Magic chocolates for a good deed that a member of my family requested – they were very yummy! So I thought I would recycle the packaging to create my Black Magic Halloween page – I hope you like it!
I started by using a Sun and Moon circle template from Inkylicious to mask off the moon and then painted the sky background with orange and black Kuretake watercolour paints. Then I removed the template and used the Sun and Moon stencil from the same Inkylicious set to add the moon detail using Vintage Linen and Hickory Smoke Distress Ink and a white Uni Posca paint pen. I stamped the sky with a Gothic Book stamp from Finnabair using Black Soot Distress Archival Ink and then I splattered the page with the orange and black watercolour paints. Next I recycled the inner packaging from my Black Magic chocolates by ripping the black paper into pieces and arranging them on the bottom and down the left-hand side of the page. I also die cut the flowers and ivy from the same black paper using Wildflower Stems and Garden Greens Thinlets from Tim Holtz and my Big Shot machine; they are stuck in place using a Zig Memory glue pen. I stamped some cobwebs from Molly Blooms using Black Soot Distress Archival Ink. Then I used some of the cardboard packaging for the “Black Magic” wording fussy cutting it out, black heat embossing it and sticking it in place using Ranger Glossy Accents. Then to finish, I splattered the page using the white Uni Posca paint pen.
Here’s my box of Black Magic chocolates, help yourselves – you have a choice of Coffee Crescent, Pure Black Magic, Midnight Truffle, Raspberry Heaven, Hazelnut Swirl, Dreamy Fudge, Almond Crunch, Orange Sensation and Caramel Heart. To make them last I treated myself to one a day and they were delicious (grin!).
This page reminded me of a song by Little Mix, I enjoy watching the video – it’s such a fun story line!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Inkylicious Template & Stencil Set (Sun and Moon)
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi Japanese Watercolour Paint set (Orange, Black)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Scattered Straw, Hickory Smoke)
- Inkylicious Ink Dusters
- Uni Posca Paint Pen (White)
- Prima Marketing Finnabair 2 Clear Stamp (Gothic Book 966966)
- Ranger Distress Archival Ink (Black Soot)
- Recycled Black Packaging
- Sizzix Thinlets Tim Holtz Alterations (Wildflower Stems 2 664164, Garden Greens 661206)
- Zig Memory System 2-Way Glue (Dual Action Glue Pen)
- Molly Blooms Rubber Stamp (MB-0065D)
- Tsukineko Versamark Watermark Ink
- Stampendous Embossing Powder (Black)
- Ranger Glossy Accents