With sunny days and warmer temperatures, it feels more like spring! My garden definitely looks more spring-like too with the beautiful daffodils and birdsong. So today I’m capturing those happy spring memories on my art journal page.
To start, I applied Mustard Seed Distress Ink concentrating the colour around the edges of the page; I did this by stamping the ink pad to an acrylic block and picking up the ink using a paint brush. Then I sprinkled some Leaf Green Colourfast Brusho powder onto the page and spritzed with water and watched the colours magically explode into life; I did this a few times until the intensity of colour I wanted was achieved. While the background was still wet, I used a stencil to apply Hickory Smoke Distress Ink using a blending tool and I stamped a daffodil tile stamp by Papermania using the Mustard Seed Distress Ink and also black Archival Ink, and also a small Flower & Dot stamp from Magenta using Teal Zeal Memento Ink; I really like the way the inks blended with the other background colours. I added a border of thin washi tape around the edge of the page and also around the wording “Hello Spring!” which I recycled from some junk mail. The pretty birds and daffodils are from a decoupage set which I fussy cut and stuck to the page using double-sided foam tape. The eggs are from an incomplete set of outline stickers from a charity shop (thrift store), which I stuck onto some textured recycled card and stuck to the page using a UHU Stic. To finish, I added some yellow bows which I made using recycled ribbon from a birthday gift.
Here are some of the beautiful daffodils flowering in our garden to welcome spring!
My pottery lamb stopped by to check them out too (grin!).
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Mustard Seed, Hickory Smoke)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Colourcraft Brusho Colour (Leaf Green)
- Tsukeniko Memento Ink (Teal Zeal)
- Papermania wood mounted stamp (39454)
- Magenta wood mounted rubber stamp (Flowers & Dots 23111D)
- Craft Sensations (Deco Stencil Set 154892)
- Recycled junk mail magazine
- Hunkydory Spring is in the Air Designer Decoupage (Garden Birds and Bunny Meadow)
- Recycled textured card
- Outline Stickers (PP570)
- Yellow Ribbon – recycled from present
- The Works (Washi Tape Set)
- Wilko (Sticky Dots)
- UHU Stic
- Docrafts Stick It! double-sided tape
- The Range double-sided foam tape