I always enjoy getting creative and my journal pages are often inspired by things I see and do, so today I used my imagination to create a page to celebrate Creative Discoveries.
I started by painting Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink and Aquamarine Spectrum Aqua marker to the page by applying the inks to an acrylic block, spritzing with water and using a paintbrush. I also scribbled the Aquamarine Spectrum Aqua marker onto the acrylic block, added a little water and then used a dry paintbrush to drag the ink over the page, which created a lovely marbling effect. I repeated this process using a Cold Grey Faber-Castell marker too. Next I stamped the black flowers and dots from a Woodware Craft Collection stamp set using black Archival Ink so they flowed in lines over the page. Then I used a Distressed Dots stencil from Creative Expressions to apply Pébéo modelling paste mixed with Pébéo white gesso. When the paste had dried, I added some stickers of a flower, a pear and some sparkly dots, along with various embellishments by Little Yellow Bicycle, this included; two fabric banners; three pink flower dots which have either “Free”, “Yourself” or “Beautiful” written in the centre; two different sentiments which read “Hello, World” and “You can find me here” which I thought were relevant to my art journaling; some letter stickers which I used to make the word “creative” which I mounted onto some card and stuck to the page using double-sided foam tape; and a fabric “Discoveries”.
When we visit Blackpool we always make new discoveries, like this lovely street art near one of my favourite art shops.
There are quite a few other art installations in this area including this amazing panel which is just around the corner at Winter Gardens and it can be found alongside these:
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Cracked Pistachio)
- Spectrum Aqua Artist Marker (Aquamarine)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Cold Grey IV 233)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Pébéo Modeling Paste
- Pébéo White Gesso
- Woodware Craft Collection Wood Set (Flower Style FRSWS003)
- Creative Expressions That Special Touch of Mica Masks (Distressed Dots)
- Craft Sensations Design Pad (Soft Sweetness 154897)
- Recycled white card
- Home Bargains (Room Décor Embellishments)
- Little Yellow Bicycle (Fabric Favourites PD-220, Cardstock Stickers PD-140)
- The Range double-sided foam tape