Today’s art journal page pays homage to one of my favourite beers at the Beer Festival earlier this month, which is called Dark Side of the Moose. It’s brewed by Purple Moose Brewery in Wales which I have visited a number of times – such fun!
To start, I positioned some circular templates by Inkylicious onto the page to depict the moons and painted the sky background using some watered down Elderberry Memento Ink using a paintbrush. I left the templates in place so I could also add a heart and circle design stamp by Sugarloaf Inc. using Grape Jelly Memento Ink; to shade around the moons I used the ink that remained on the template after stamping, wiping the ink in a circular motion around the edges whilst the template was still on the page. Then I used the corresponding circular stencils from the Inkylicious template and stencil set to colour the moons; first with Scattered Straw and Mustard Seed Distress Ink and then by adding a Tim Holtz texture stamp using the Elderberry Memento Ink again. The Purple Moose sticker is taken from the hand pump clip which came with the beer from the brewery; the writing surrounding the moose details the name of the beer in both English and Welsh. The moose and trees are die cut using the Merry Moose Thinlets by Tim Holtz from Sizzix and my Big Shot Machine. I used some purple paper for my moose which I shaded with the Elderberry ink and then some brown paper for the trees which I edged with a Dark Sepia Faber-Castell Big Brush marker. They are stuck to the page, like all the paper elements, using a Zig Memory glue pen and I used some ripped pieces of red dot washi tape for the ground beneath them. To finish, the hearts were created using the same red dot washi tape which I stuck to white paper and then cut using a Tonic Studios paper punch.
As T Stands for Tuesday I’m saying a big hello to the T Gang and sharing my Dark Side of the Moose beer. This is delicious dark ale with a ABV (Alcohol by Volume) of 4.6%, it has a deep malt flavour and a fruity bitterness, and is brewed by Purple Moose Brewery in Porthmadog, Gwynedd, Wales – wishing you all a very happy T Day!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of the materials that were used to create this art journal page:
- Tsukineko Memento Ink (Elderberry, Grape Jelly)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed)
- Faber-Castell Craft Stamper Big Brush Pen (Dark Sepia 175 B, Black 199)
- Inkylicious Stencil (Sun & Moons)
- Sugarloaf Inc. Anita’s Wood Mounted Stamp (48721)
- Tim Holtz Collection Stampers Anonymous (Urban Tapestry CMS061)
- Sizzix Thinlets Tim Holtz Alterations (Merry Moose 663103)
- Tonic Studios Paper Punch Accent (Hearts Sider 830E)
- Pump clip – Purple Moose
- Craft Sensations Design Pad (Bright Colours CRO730/R)
- Poundland Design Pad (Changing Seasons CRO701/16PL1)
- Docrafts Papermania Capsule Collection (Spots & Stripes festive PMA462302)
- Zig Memory System 2 Way Glue (Dual Action Chisel Tip Glue Pen)
- Sizzix Big Shot