There were lots of fall and Halloween displays to be found on our recent holiday in America, so while I was there I treated myself to some Halloween crafting goodies which were on sale (grin!); this included some pretty Halloween Collage Paper and a Paper Stash pad by Tim Holtz and various washi tapes. Of course I couldn’t wait to use them and as it is my goal (this year) to use any new crafting goodies immediately so they don’t get forgotten and stay unused, I created this spooky page to remind me of our travels and to wish you all a Happy Halloween!
To start with I covered the top and bottom of the page with pieces of tissue paper using a glue stick; firstly some swirly recycled tissue paper from a gift that we bought ourselves whilst on holiday and also some of the Tim Holtz collage paper. Over the tissue paper I stamped some cobwebs by Molly Blooms using Spiced Marmalade and Black Soot Distress Ink. Next I cut some rectangles from the different Halloween papers of the Paper Stash pad by Tim Holtz and stuck them in the centre of the page using a glue stick. I added four different washi tapes to the top and bottom of the papers, then I spent quite a bit of time outlining them with black Glitterations outline stickers, some strands of black gems and also some thick neon orange strips. I die cut the words out of one of the design papers using an Alphabet die set from Docrafts and my Big Shot machine. Then to finish, I stuck them onto the page using a Zig glue pen, outlined them with a black Sharpie marker pen and then a white Uni Ball gel pen.
When we visited America we saw a few Halloween displays in people’s yard/gardens and on one of our walks we discovered this tree which was decorated with scarecrows and ghosts!
This “Nightmare Before Christmas” themed display outside this beautiful house was opposite a petrol (gas) station that we stopped at, isn’t it awesome …
… or as my friend says “it’s wicked good” (grin!).
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Spiced Marmalade, Black Soot)
- Sharpie Permanent Fine Point Marker (Black)
- Uniball Signo gel pen (White)
- Molly Blooms Rubberstamps (MB-0065D)
- Docrafts A5 Die Set (Folk Alphabet XCUT 503286)
- Recycled tissue paper
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Collage Paper (Halloween #TH93727)
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Paper Stash (Halloween #TH93712)
- Washi Tapes (Happy Halloween, black & white floral, black & white stripe, measuring tape)
- Docrafts Papermania Glitterations (Black Borders ANT8181015)
- Docrafts Papermania Glitterations 3D Border (Neon Orange PMA818103)
- Poundland (Design Gems 134240)
- Pritt Stick
- Zig Memory System 2 Way Glue (Dual Action Glue Pen)