As my weekend and week so far has been filled with joy, I created this art journal page to celebrate – I hope you like it!
I started by adding Turquoise and Gold Spectrum aqua marker to the background by scribbling the marker onto an acrylic block, spritzing with water and pressing the block onto the paper. Then I stamped a Joy Background stamp from Great Impressions using a Slate Spectrum aqua marker over the whole page. Next I stamped the large blue flowers using a foam flower stamp and Bahama Blue Memento Ink and some heart outlines using Angel Pink Memento Ink and Picked Raspberry Distress Ink. The flamingos and flowers, which are from Hampton Art, are stamped onto some bright pink and white dots paper which was recycled from a paper bag that my birthday present came in. I fussy cut them and stuck them in place using the matte gel medium; for some of the flowers I reversed the paper bag to give a lighter contrasting tone. I also used the paper bag to punch out pink dots and hearts; they are all stuck into place using Liquitex matte gel medium. I added the pink, yellow and blue foam spotted flowers and some rub-on transfer flowers from Royal & Langnickel. Then used a black Uni Pin marker to add more detail to the dots, hearts and flowers. I added some pieces of pink and white washi tape and the pink glittery hearts, and then to finish I splattered the page with a pink Uni Posca paint pen and black DecoArt acrylic paint.
As it was a Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK we’ve been having fun with friends, walking, enjoying birthday treats and touring Lancashire. As T Stands for Tuesday, I’m sharing some beer that we had this weekend. Firstly, here we are visiting Cross Bay Brewing Company Brew House in Morecambe, where they have both Real and Craft Ales on offer.
This beer is their Two-Four beer which is a brown ale made with maple and pecans – delicious!
We also visited The Three Mariners which is located by the river in Lancaster.
Here I had Honey Ale by Fat Cat Brewery in Norwich, I thought Bleubeard and Elizabeth might like the cat on this hand pump clip (grin!) …
… and it tasted very yummy too! Cheers and wishing you a Happy T day!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Spectrum Aqua Artist Marker (Aquamarine, Gold, Slate)
- Memento Ink (Bahama Blue, Angel Pink)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Picked Raspberry)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Uni Pin Fine Line Marker (Black 0.1mm)
- Uni Posca Paint Pen (Pink)
- DecoArt Crafter’s Acrylic (Black)
- Hampton Art Graphic 45 cling mounted rubber stamps (Tropical Travelogue ICO134)
- Hallmark Cards Clear Stamps
- Blue Foam Flower Stamp
- Recycled Paper Bag (pink with white dots)
- Tonic Studios Paper Punch Accent (Hearts Slider 830E)
- Wilko Paper Punch
- Wilko Foam Stickers (Flower Embellishments)
- Royal & Langnickel Rub-on Transfers (Fab Flowers #ROY1400)
- Michael’s (Washi Tape)
- The Works (Glitter Heart Stickers)
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- Zig Memory System 2 Way Glue (Dual Action Glue Pen)