I was so pleased to see the robin in our garden this month that I created this art journal page to celebrate (grin!).
I started by painting the page with some white acrylic paint and when it was dry added some Dark Sepia Faber-Castell Big Brush marker by scribbling the ink onto a blending mat and then applying it to the page with a baby wipe. Next I tore some green heart designed paper and an old calendar page into strips, edged them with Cold Grey Faber-Castell Big Brush marker and stuck them to the page using a UHU Stic. I die cut some foliage from recycled tissue paper using Tim Holtz Wildflower Stems thinlets, they are stuck in place using Liquitex matte gel medium. The robin is fussy cut from an old calendar and the wording is stamped using a Paperbabes Stamp Set and the music notes using a Docrafts Stamp Set using black Archival Ink. I coloured the wording using a silver Derwent Rowney Paint Pen and a Cold Grey Faber-Castell marker; it reads “Create what makes your heart dance and your soul sing”. Then I splattered the whole page using black DecoArt acrylic paint and added some wooden flowers using glue dots, which finished the page.
We haven’t seen our robin much this winter, so I was excited to see him sitting in the tree at the back of our garden; this is a European Robin not to be confused with an American Robin (grin!).
He also made his way to our bird feeder too (grin!)
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Art Discount Acrylic Paint (White)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Dark Sepia 175 B, Cold Grey IV 233)
- Studio Light Paper Pad (PPSL84)
- Old Calendar
- UHU Stic
- Recycled tissue paper
- Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlets (Wildflower Stems #2 664164)
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- Paperbabe Stamps (Fun Alphabet Outline Stamp Set)
- Docrafts Creativity Essentials A5 clear stamp set (Musicality DCE907112)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Daler Rowney Acrylic Paint Marker (Silver)
- DecoArt Crafter’s Acrylic (Black)
- Melinera (Scatter Decorations – Wooden Flowers)