Our new challenge for the next two weeks at Try it on Tuesday is Inspired by a Word – please note on your blog post which word you used for your inspiration.
Please check out the creations and words that my Design Teamies chose over at Try it on Tuesday too; we hope to see you there!
This time I got my hubby to choose a word for me which was “Change”, so I created a page based on the changing winter to spring seasons (grin!).
I started by stamping a letter stamp from Carabelle Studios using black Archival Ink onto the page, concentrating the letters at the bottom of the page to depict the ground. Then I covered the page with thin layers of Windsor & Newton watercolour paints using a baby wipe; I coloured the left-hand winter side of the page with Payne’s Gray and the right-hand spring side with Ultramarine watercolour paint. Then I covered the Payne’s Gray with Platinum Planet brilliance Ink which gave it a lovely shine of frosty grey and the Ultramarine with a wash of Salty Ocean Distress Ink so it was a sunshiny blue. For the foreground I added some white DecoArt acrylic paint to my winter scene and some watered down Cottage Ivy and Dandelion Memento Ink to the spring scene. Next I stamped the two trees from Docrafts Build a tree stamp set using black Archival Ink which gave an outline of the tree shapes.
For the winter tree I stamped lots of snowflakes from three different stamp sets using Bahama Blue, Summer Sky, Paris Dusk, Danube Blue and Teal Zeal Memento Ink. I coloured the tree trunk and branches using a Dark Sepia Faber-Castell Big Brush Marker. Then I die cut some snowflakes from glitter paper and arranged them onto the tree with some silver snowflake relief stickers and some clear and blue gems. To finish the tree I stamped a festive ornament and tiny star from one of the branches using black Archival Ink decorating it with a blue gem.
For the spring tree I stamped the leaves and flowers using the same Tree stamp set from Docrafts using: Cottage Green and Dandelion Memento Ink for the leaves which I blended together on a blending mat before applying to the stamp; Rose Bud Memento Ink for the flowers. I coloured the tree trunk and branches using the Dark Sepia Faber-Castell marker and then I added a couple of pink flower paper embellishments and some pink gems. To finish the tree, I stamped a bird house using black Archival Ink and decorated it with a blue gem.
Next I die cut the “Change” letters from some recycled black packaging paper using a Folk Alphabet die set from Docrafts and my Big Shot machine. They are stuck down the centre of the page using a Zig Memory System glue pen. To finish, I stamped the Carabelle Studio letter stamp using black Archival Ink over the bottom of the tree trunks so they blended in more, and added two Kaisercraft stickers with the words to describe the change in the seasons as it was a “Happy” Winter and I “Love” Spring (grin!).
As T Stands for Tuesday and with the change in the seasons I changed my drink choice when I was out and about with my mum recently; so instead of drinking my normal hot chocolate (pictured on the left), I enjoyed a chocolate frappe (pictured on the right) – yum! Wishing you all a Happy T day!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Water Colours (Payne’s Gray, Aquamarine)
- Tsukineko Brilliance Pigment Ink (Platinum Planet)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Salty Ocean)
- DecoArt Crafter’s Acrylic (White)
- Tsukineko Memento Ink (Bahama Blue, Summer Sky, Paris Dusk, Danube Blue, Teal Zeal, Cottage Ivy, Dandelion, Rose Bud)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Dark Sepia 175 B)
- Uni Pin Fine Line marker (Black 0.05mm)
- Carabelle Studio Art Stamp (Background – avec des letters SA60233)
- Docrafts Creativity Essentials Clear Stamps (Build a tree DCE907130)
- Free with magazine Embossing Folder & Stamp Set (Winter Wonderland)
- Sheena Douglass Stamp Set (Winter Woodland) – free with Creative Stamping magazine Issue 62
- The Works (Clear Stamps CRO274K/TW1)
- Kars Clear Stamps (Christmas Hanger 180009/2024)
- The Works M&C Boutique (Cutting Dies, Mini Paper Flower Embellishment)
- Docrafts XCut A5 Dies Set (Folk Alphabet XCU503286)
- Recycled black packaging paper
- Poundland (Glitter Sheets 116432)
- Crelando Relief Sticker Set (IAN289011)
- B&M Craft Goody Bag (Turquoise 321451)
- Hobbycraft (Rose Gem Stones 5666091006)
- Kaisercraft Sticker Sheet (Secret Garden SS283)
- Zig Memory System 2 Way Glue (Dual Action Glue Pen)