As you may be aware we love walking along our local beach and on one late afternoon we saw the most spectacular sunset. The colours of the clouds were so amazing that I was inspired to use the yellows and different shades of pink to create today’s page.
For the background I used Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed Distress Inks; first by applying the ink pad to an acrylic block, diluting with water and applying the diluted ink to the page with a blending tool and then by using the blending tool to add the ink directly from the ink pad to build up areas of colour in cloud like patterns. Then I dripped water onto the page which reactivated the ink so I could remove it with a piece of kitchen towel. I used the same Distress Inks to stamp a circle and heart stamp design from Sugarloaf Inc. Next I created a circle stencil and stamped a splatter stamp, from Gummiapan, through it using black Archival Ink. Then using the same black ink I added a dot stamp by Art Impressions and a series of images from an Urban Stamp set which included small hearts, the word love and zigzag faux stitching. I also splattered black and white DecoArt acrylic paint over the page using a paintbrush. I added a glittery pink heart foam sticker as it was quite romantic watching the sun go down, and also a polka dot yellow bird as we often see birds on our walks along the beach. Then to finish, I added some wooden flowers which are stuck into place using Glossy Accents and finally some rhinestone flower stickers.
Here’s the sunset that inspired my page, isn’t it stunning! The beauty of the sunset was captivating; it looked so magical that it didn’t look real. I snapped this picture using my phone and we stayed quite a while, despite the cold, watching the sun go down (grin!).
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- DecoArt Crafter’s Acrylic (White, Black)
- Sugarloaf Inc. Anita’s wood-mounted stamp (26645)
- Gummiapan Stamp (A lot of Splats 11050106)
- Docrafts Papermania Urban Stamp (Craft Collections – Pastels PMA907223)
- Woodware Craft Collection Francoise Collection Stamp Set (Flower Style Wood Set FRSWS003)
- Home Bargains (Foam Sticker Shapes 57884)
- Craft for Occasions (C2026)
- White card
- The Works (Craft Flowers)
- The Works (Rhinestone Flower Stickers)
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- UHU Stic