Wishing you a very Happy New Year; may your year be filled with peace, love, and happiness!
To start my sparkly New Year page, I painted some gold metallic acrylic paint around the edges of the page and blended it into the centre with some Pébéo white gesso. I then layered the background by stamping some snowflakes with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink using a Woodware Collection stamp and then stencilling Festive Berries Distress Ink with a blending tool. The stencil is a Decorative Flowers stencil which I won over at That’s Crafty Challenge Blog – thank you! I stamped more snowflakes from a BoBunny stamp set using a Dark Sepia Faber-Castell Big Brush marker which I also used to edge the page and then I added another layer of white gesso using a palette knife. I used the same Decorative flower stencil to add some Pébéo modelling paste and once dry I painted some Titanium White Liquitex Ink over the top. I stencilled more Festive Berries ink and stamped snowflakes again, this time using Potter’s Clay Memento Ink to get a clearer image which finished the background. Next I die cut the wording from grey design paper using a Docrafts die set and my Big Shot machine.
I used the same grey paper to back some bell and star-shaped outline stickers and cut them out; they are stuck to the page using Liquitex matte gel medium. I suspended some of them from silver strands which are outline border stickers and also a red ribbon and bow which are recycled from an old Christmas card. I decorated the page with silver glittery stars and more silver outline stickers including some scrollwork, small stars and holly. To finish, I added more sparkle to the wording using silver Stickles and to the holly berries making them red to match the ribbon and bow using Christmas Red Stickles.
As T Stands for Tuesday, maybe you would like to celebrate the New Year with us by trying some of our homebrewed pumpkin beer. As you can see we have plenty for everyone – Cheers and Happy T Day!
Wishing you all the very best for 2019!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Poundland Metallic Acrylic Paint (Gold)
- Pébéo White Gesso
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Festive Berries, Rusty Hinge)
- Pébéo Modeling Paste
- Tsukineko Memento Ink (Potter’s Clay)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Dark Sepia 233 B)
- Liquitex Ink! (Titanium White)
- That’s Crafty! 8x8in Stencil (Decorative Flower – TC8039)
- Woodware Craft Collection Clear Magic Singles (Snowflakes FRS027)
- BoBunny Clear Stamps (Snow Day #13705563)
- Clear Impressions (Woodland Christmas) – free with magazine
- Docrafts X-Cut A5 Die Set (Folk Alphabet XCU503284)
- Poundland Design Pad (Purple Paradise CRO701/PL3)
- Crelando Relief Sticker Set (IAN289011)
- Silver Border Outline Stickers (© DD6572)
- The Works (Christmas Glitter Stickers)
- Ranger Stickles (Silver, Christmas Red)
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- Stix2 double-sided tape