Our new challenge over at Try it on Tuesday is Springtime.
As usual, you have two weeks to create your art, you can use any medium and digital is always welcome. Don’t forget to check out the wonderful inspiration provided by the Design Team over at the blog too!
Inspired by springtime flowers, I collaged the background of the page using Tim Holtz Collage Paper and some white paper that I had stamped using a lilac stamp; they are stuck in place using Liquitex matte gel medium. As I was experimenting stamping the lilacs using Magenta, Purple, Moss, Bud Green and Chocolate Spectrum Aqua Markers to give a watercolour effect I thought I would use them on this page rather than throw them away. Then using black Versafine Ink, I stamped the “springtime” wording using an alphabet stamp and also added some clocks, both from Docrafts, as well as some bees and butterflies from Hampton Arts. The daffodils are fussy cut from an old flower book and stuck in place using Liquitex matte gel medium. When the gel medium was dry, I outlined them with a black Uni Pin marker. To finish, I coloured the wording using light green, yellow and pink Uni Posca paint pens and then covered each of the letters with Ranger Glossy Accents to give a 3D effect.
Whilst out walking around Glasson Dock for my birthday we saw lots of beautiful daffodils along the roadside.
These daffodils look just like the ones on my page (grin!).
As T Stands for Tuesday I’m sharing our pot of green tea that we had at a lovely café in Glasson Dock – Happy T Day everyone!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Spectrum Aqua Artist Marker (Magenta, Purple, Moss, Bud Green, Chocolate)
- Versafine Ink (Onyx Black)
- Uni Pin Fine Line marker (Black 0.2mm)
- Uni Posca Paint Pen (Light Green, Pink, Yellow)
- Docrafts Papermanina Tina Higgins wooden stamp (Lilac PMA9061108)
- Docrafts Creative Essentials A5 clear stamp set (Steampunk DCE9071102)
- Hampton Art Graphic 45 cling mounted rubber stamps (Tropical Travelogue ICO134)
- Hampton Art 7 Gypsies Vintage cling mounted rubber stamps (Birdsong ICO151)
- Lion White Paper
- Tim Holtz Collage Paper (Halloween #TH93727)
- Oxford Book of Flowers
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium