As it was my birthday over Easter weekend and we can’t celebrate like we normally do, I decided to relive memories of past birthdays by creating this page.
You may recognise some of them from previous posts; I had so much fun looking back and remembering these birthday treats (grin!)
As my birthday is in April which is known for April showers and spring blossom, I chose a colour scheme of grey, blue and pink and created my background to look like a mixture of light and dark clouds. I did this by covering the background with Kingfisher, Peacock Blue, Charcoal and Blossom Spectrum Aqua markers; I gradually built up the layers of colour by scribbling the Aqua markers onto an acrylic block, spritzing with water and then pressing the block onto the page. Using black Archival Ink, I stamped the circles using a Docrafts stamp set and then the wording using some alphabet stamp sets from Dovecraft. I coloured the stamped leaves, buttons and hearts using the same Spectrum Aqua Markers blending them like watercolour. The butterfly and wording were recycled from an old birthday card, it reads:
“Wishes as bright as butterfly’s wings for laughter and sunshine and wonderful things,
Wishes for quiet and calm, peaceful hours for memories as sweet as meadow flowers,
These are the wishes, wished just for you … for happiness today and all the year through”.
To finish, I added some embellishments relevant to each of the birthday treats:
- As we usually go to the cinema for my birthday, I included the film “Beauty and the Beast” and added a glittery heart.
- We always enjoy walking somewhere local and Cockerham Sands was particularly memorable; as it’s by the sea I added the fish and starfish beads.
- A meal with our dearest friends is a must, so The Gurkha restaurant which specialises in Nepalese and other Asian cuisine was added along with a pretty flower made from oriental fabric.
- Notarianni is an ice cream parlour that we always enjoy visiting so this was accompanied by sticker of an ice cream.
- We often have a fun time exploring different places, so I added Liverpool which is a great destination for a “Happy Birthday!”
- A trip to a local café such as The Blackbird Café with its pretty birdcage décor which I captured by adding the glass embellishment.
- I added a tree to depict our visit to a sculpture called The Singing Ringing Tree. I was surprised that I have never featured the Singing Ringing Tree on one of my posts before which we visited a couple of years ago, so I’ll be creating a page and sharing this with you later this month (stay tuned – grin!).
- Of course I couldn’t create a page without Coco’s Soul Food and for this I added a tropical wooden flower.
As some of you will know we normally have a week of birthday celebrations and I had fun looking back at previous birthday photos; these beautiful views were taken at Cockerham Sands.
Here we are having a wonderful time in Liverpool …
I still very much enjoyed my birthday this year as we’ve had some beautiful sunny days, which meant we could still enjoy catching up with our dear friends over a takeaway and some bubbly in their garden (grin!). Of course we spent time with little Ellie too which is always a delight – yay!
As T Stands for Tuesday, I’m sharing this yummy pink prosecco which was a lovely surprise from my dear friends, thank you so much – cheers and Happy T Day everyone!
I hope that you’re staying safe and well. x
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Spectrum Aqua Artist Marker (Kingfisher, Peacock Blue, Charcoal, Blossom)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Docrafts Papermania 4×4 Clear Stamp (Bellissima Christmas PMA907942)
- Dovecraft Upper and Lower Case Alphabet Stamp Set (WDN ALPHA STMP DCVW0050)
- Recycled Birthday Card
- X-Press It! double-sided foam tape
- The Works (Hearts, Sea Life Beads, Glass Embellishments, Craft Flowers)
- Twilleys of Stamford Crafties (Chinese Flowers Cerise 2912/160)
- Wilko Foam Stickers
- Craft for Occasions (Happy Birthday C2090)
- Poundland (3D Glitter Embellishments – Tree)
- Ranger Glossy Accents
I’m pleased to be able to join the following challenges today which are:
Art Journal Journey where the theme is Inspired By in honour of Eileen from The Artful Crafter’s Blog who picked the theme and was supposed to host this month but sadly passed away shortly after her heart surgery last month – she will be greatly missed! I’m so pleased to be able to remember her by joining AJJ with my page which was inspired by past birthdays.
Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #141 – Anything Goes with my birthday page.
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and their Layer It challenge with the layers of colour and recycled birthday card on this page.
LTSCB#144 – Spring Forward challenge over at Love to Scrap Challenge Blog with my spring birthday page.
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog and their Anything Goes challenge with my art journal page.
LTCCB #57 – April Anything Goes challenge over at Love To Craft Challenge Blog with my mixed media page.