I got creative to join in with a number of challenges today including the Texture challenge that I’m hosting this month over at Art Journal Journey. Thanks so much to all those who have joined in the fun so far with all your wonderful texture creations!
I’ve been meaning to use this Emily Dickinson quote on one of my pages for a while now and it seemed to match the feathers I used beautifully!
To start, I covered the page with Colbalt Blue Liquitex acrylic paint and added some Prussian Blue and white acrylic paints using a credit card to create some texture. When dry, I stamped a hexagon pattern stamp and my favourite Script stamp from Kaisercraft using black Archival Ink. Then I splattered the whole page using white acrylic paint and applied some Ranger Texture Paste around the edges of the page using a Carabelle Studio Stencil.
The feathers are stickers which I outlined using a black Faber-Castell Big Brush marker and white Uniball gel pen. For the quote, I cut the letters from white cardstock using an X-Cut die set and then stuck them in place using Liquitex matte gel medium.
The colours of the feathers on this page remind me of some flowers that were kindly gifted to me this week when we had family visiting – the orange yellow autumnal colours look fabulous!
I hope that you are all staying safe and well!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Liquitex Acrylic Color (Colbalt Blue)
- Liquitex Artist Color (Prussian Blue)
- Art Discount Acrylic (White)
- Kaisercraft Clear Stamp (Script CS752)
- Docrafts Capsule Collection Clear Stamps – free in magazine
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Carabelle Studios Art Template A6 (Weft Fabric & Numbers TE60034)
- Ranger Texture Paste
- Feather Stickers
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Artist Pitt Pen (Black 199)
- Uniball Signo Gel Pen (White)
- White Cardstock
- X-Cut Alphabet Die Set (Centurion D-XCU503083)
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium