I had fun creating some texture on my art journal page using stamping, doodles, buttons, paints and decorative tape so I’m joining the Texture challenge that I’m guest hosting this month over at Art Journal Journey; it would be lovely to see you there!
I started by covering the page with Swedish Blue Liquitex and white acrylic paints using a baby wipe. When dry I stamped London Fog Memento Ink using a 4-point star background stamp and a Serpentine background stamp from Art Impressions. I also stamped black Archival Ink using a Script stamp from Kaisercraft and a homemade grid stamp which I created by sticking drywall/plasterboard tape onto a block of wood. I then stamped the edges of the page with circles using tubes/lids on my craft desk and some white acrylic paint. The two lovebirds on the branch are stamped using Onyx Black Versafine Ink.
I had fun doodling the lines cascading down the page and the large heart using a white Uniball gel pen and black Uni Pin marker and then used lots of recycled buttons to add further texture using Ranger Glossy Accents to stick them in place. The cream, blue and lilac hearts were cut from some adhesive-backed papers using a couple of paper punches; the hearts were stuck in place, outlined and I also doodled around them. I added some black Decorative Border Tape to the edges of the page and emphasised the pattern and texture by applying some Coconut Faber-Castell Gelato. Next I applied some Coconut, Fig and Metallic Blueberry Faber-Castell Gelatos to the background scribbling them vertically onto the page and then smudging the colours with my finger.
I stamped another layer of the white paint circles over the top and then I splattered the page with both black and white acrylic paint. To finish, I added three Tim Holtz stickers which read “follow your heart”, “be in love with your life” and “start each day with a grateful heart”.
As T Stands for Tuesday, I’m sharing a cup on green tea in a pretty mug that matches my page with its blue colour, heart design and gingham texture (grin!). Wishing you all a very Happy T day!
I hope that you are staying safe and well!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Liquitex Acrylic Color (Swedish Blue)
- Art Discount Acrylic (White)
- Tsukineko Memento Ink (London Fog)
- Art Impressions (4-Point Star Background G2963, Serpentine Background T-2773)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Kaisercraft Clear Stamps (Script CS752)
- Homemade wood mounted drywall/plasterboard tape stamp
- Circular tube and lid
- Dovecraft Clear Stamp ( DCCS014 – Birds)
- Tsukineko Versafine Ink (Onyx Black)
- Uniball Signo Gel Pen (White)
- Uni Pin Fine Line Marker (Black 0.1mm, 0.5mm)
- Tonic Studios Paper Punch Accent (Classic Heart 858E, Hearts Sider 830E)
- Adhesive-backed Paper (Cream, Blue, Lilac)
- Recycled assorted buttons
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Poundland (Decorative Border Tape – Black)
- Faber-Castell Gelato (Coconut, Fig, Metallic Blueberry)
- DecoArt Crafter’s Acrylic (Black)
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Stickers (Small Talk #TH93193)