Hello Everyone, I’m so pleased and honoured to be Guest Designer today for the Tickled Pink challenge over at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge Blog.
The challenge is being hosted by Maggi who wants you to be “Tickled Pink!” and asks you to “design a vintage or shabby chic project using the color pink. You may use other colors as accents, but, pink must be predominant. There are many shades of pink ranging from fuschia to soft baby pink so let your pink imagination go wild!”.
I had fun creating a page for this challenge as pink isn’t a colour I use that much. I took inspiration from the beautiful pink peonies that are currently flowering in my garden – I hope you like it!
The background is a collage of torn pieces of: a dictionary page detailing the word “peony”; old sheet music; recycled white tissue paper that I scrunched up and stained with pink ink; and three peonies from some Botanicals Collage Paper by Tim Holtz.
I coloured the three peonies pink using a mixture of Festive Berries Distress Ink and White Linen Dylusions Ink Spray by mixing the inks together and painting the colour onto the reverse of the Collage Paper.
I can’t take credit for the beautiful pink and peach colouration though, as the ink colours separated when the ink re-activated with the glue that was used to stick them in place (grin!). It was a lovely surprise and looks so pretty.
Next I applied some Specimen rub-on transfers from Tim Holtz over the background and then I splattered the page with black and white acrylic paints.
Then I added more Tim Holtz products; the die cut flowers are from a Field Note Ephemera Set and I created some shadows around their edges so that they stood out more by applying and smudging some of the Black Faber-Castell marker with my finger before sticking them down; I chose the “28”, “5” and “20” Countdown Brads to depict today’s date 28th May 2020; and the wording “Beautiful Moments” is a Quote Chip which finished the page.
Here are the beautiful peonies that have been flowering in our garden as you can see they are quite a vibrant pink rather than the pale pink that I decided to use on my page.
They have such large flower heads and look so rich and vibrant (grin!).
Thanks so much to The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge Blog for having me as Guest Designer! I hope that you are inspired by the Tickled Pink challenge too and are able to join in the fun!
Stay safe and keep well! x
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Dictionary “peony” page
- Sheet Music
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Collage Paper (Botanicals #TH93705)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Festive Berries) here at The Funkie Junkie Boutique
- Dylusions Ink Spray (White Linen) here at The Funkie Junkie Boutique
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Black 199)
- Pritt Stick
- Uni Pin Fine Line marker (Black 0.2mm)
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Remnant Rubs (Specimen #TH94047) here at The Funkie Junkie Boutique
- DecoArt Crafter’s Acrylic (Black)
- Art Discount Acrylic (White)
- Tim Holtz idea-ology (Ephemera Set – Field Notes #TH94051) here at The Funkie Junkie Boutique
- Tim Holtz idea-ology (Countdown Brads #TH93631) here at The Funkie Junkie Boutique
- Tim Holtz idea-ology (Quote Chips #TH93563) here at The Funkie Junkie Boutique
- Stix 2 double-sided tape