Having visited Tracey’s blog she gave me the idea of creating a journal page based on the Easter cards I made this year – thanks for the inspiration Tracey and Happy Easter everyone!
I started by stencilling a trellis background using a Moroccan mask from Creative Expressions and some Brushed Corduroy and Ground Espresso Distress Ink. Then I added some off cut pieces of green mixed media paper from another project (which will be revealed later this month) using a glue stick. Next I die cut some foliage using a Wildflowers Thinlet set from Tim Holtz and coloured them green using Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint and Peacock Feather Distress Ink. They are stuck in place using a Zig glue pen and adorned with some small glittery white flowers. Then I added the “spring”, “Good life” and “the sweetest thing” wording which are rub-on transfers.
I stamped “Happy Easter” using a Sophisticated Script stamp set from Concord & 9th and some black Archival Ink. Then I created the butterfly, bunny rabbit and chick using a Springtime Sidekick Thinlet set from Tim Holtz. The large butterfly wings are coloured using a Canary Winsor & Newton Promarker and some Fossilized Amber Distress Ink and the smaller wings with Festive Berries and Seedless Preserves Distress Ink, I coloured the butterfly body with a black Faber-Castell Big Brush marker, layered it together and stuck it in place. Then I applied some Ranger Glossy Accents over the body and the edges of the wings.
The bunny is coloured using the Brushed Corduroy and Ground Espresso Distress Ink and the bow with the Canary Promarker and Fossilized Amber ink. The bow is covered in Ranger Glossy Accents and I also added a white pom pom for the bunny rabbit’s tail.
The chick is coloured using the Canary Promarker and Fossilized Amber ink again, the chick’s breast using a Saffron Promarker and some Ground Espresso Distress Ink, the chick’s beak and feet using a Bright Orange Promarker and the eyes using a black Faber-Castell Big Brush marker. Once layered together, I applied Ranger Glossy Accents to the chick’s eyes and beak.
Here’s the Easter card that inspired my page!
As its Easter it’s time to make Easter Chocolate Nests – yum (grin!). These homemade treats are Rice Crispies coated in milk chocolate and filled with a chocolate fudge icing then topped with chocolate mini eggs, chocolate covered raisins and mini marshmallows – Happy Easter!
Hoping that you all stay safe and well! x
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you!
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Creative Expressions That Special Touch of Mica Masks (Moroccan)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Brushed Corduroy, Ground Espresso, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Peacock Feathers, Fossilized Amber, Festive Berries, Seedless Preserves)
- Leftover green mixed media paper pieces
- Pritt Stick
- White cardstock
- Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlets (Wildflower Stems #2 664164, Sidekick – Springtime 662711)
- Zig Memory System 2-way Glue (Dual Action Glue Pen)
- Poundland (Mini Glitter Embellishments 59409)
- Tim Holz idea-ology Remnant Rubs (Tiny Text #TH93695)
- Royal & Langnickel Rub-on Transfers (Spring Sentiments #ROY-506)
- Concord & 9th Stamp Set (Sophisticated Script 10056)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Craft Sensations (Luxury Cardstock with Linen Texture CRO240/GE)
- Winsor & Newton Promarkers (Canary Y367, Bright Orange 0177, Saffron 0739)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Black 199)
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Home Bargains Christmas Crafts (White Pom Poms 03007)