At Try it on Tuesday our new challenge for the next two weeks is The Beauty of Nature.
I created a collage page of beautiful spring images using nature and my garden as my inspiration – Happy Spring everyone!
This page started by selecting some spring images from some old books and fussy cutting them out, then arranging them with some torn book pages onto my art journal page. With the general layout planned, I roughly marked where the papers were placed and then removed them. Then I added a textured effect in between the collage pieces by stamping a Marble texture stamp from Kaisercraft using Versamark Watermark ink and covering the ink with a mixture of Sea Foam and Gold (Shellac) Papermania embossing powders and heating it with my heat gun until they were glossy. Next I edged the torn map, text and worn brown papers pieces with a Cold Grey Faber-Castell Big Brush marker and stuck them back in place using a glue stick. The spring flowers, bird (which is a Stone Chat which we have seen on the beachfront recently) and mushrooms are all fussy cut from an old book and stuck in place using a Zig glue pen. The feathers, beetles and moth are Anthology Collectables from Kaisercraft, the green grasshopper is a rub-on transfer and the hedgehog postage stamp is from the British Wildlife collection issued in 1977 which is from my hubby’s childhood stamp collection (grin!). I also added three thin strips of brown spotty washi tape which finished the page.
I hope that you are inspired to join The Beauty of Nature Challenge too! For more inspiration please check out the amazing creations from my fellow Design Teamies over at Try it on Tuesday too.
We’ve been spending more time in the garden with the sunny weather we had last week, the flower bed is coming to life with spring now upon us. As T Stands for Tuesday I’m sharing my cuppa in the garden (which is on the wall) and wishing you a very Happy T day!
Hoping that you all stay safe and well!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Kaisercraft Clear Stamp (Marble CS293)
- Tsukineko VersaMark (Watermark Stamp Pad)
- Papermania Embossing Powder (Sea Foam, Gold – Shellac)
- Book pages –Discovering Britain, The Illustrated Book of Nature
- Sheet Music
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Paper Stash (Halloween #TH93712)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Marker (Cold Grey IV 233)
- Pritt Stic
- Zig Memory System 2-Way Glue (Dual Action Glue Pen)
- Kaisercraft Collectables (Anthology CT938)
- Royal & Langnickel Rub-on Transfers (Insect Collection #TIP1484)
- Hedgehog Postage Stamp British Wildlife collection issued in 1977
- Recycled white card
- Stix2 Glue Dots
- The Works (3 Washi Tapes)