The agapanthus has just started shooting in our garden so when I came across this inspirational quote “Hope anchors the soul” whilst crafting, I was inspired to create this page. It seemed very poignant with the difficulties the world is facing at the moment – wishing you all well and hoping that you stay safe and healthy!
I started by covering the page with various stamps using black Archival Ink; the stamps included a Parisian Beau Collage stamp from Crafter’s Companion and a Provincial and also a 75 Cents stamp set from Kaisercraft. Next I applied Acqua Dolce, Earl Grey and Caramel Faber-Castell Gelatos by scribbling them onto the page and using my wet finger to spread the colour vertically down the page. Then I stencilled an Ornamental stencil from Creative Expressions using Vintage Linen Distress Ink. The agapanthus flowers are napkin which I stuck down using Liquitex Matte Gel Medium (this was a mistake as it got far too wet, I should have used a UHU Stic and then the gel medium around the edges). When dry I splattered the page using black DecoArt acrylic paint. The wording “Hope anchors the soul” is a sticker from Kaisercraft which I coloured along the edges with some Peacock Feathers Distress Ink and an Amethyst Winsor & Newton Promarker. It’s stuck in place along with a purple flower and some die cut foliage; I used a Garden Greens Thinlet for the foliage which was cut from some white card that I had coloured using Twisted Citron Distress Ink and Cottage Ivy Memento Ink. To finish, I added lots of clear diamante gems to add some sparkle.
As this page has Parisian references, I’m sharing these strawberry tarts that my hubby bought me for Valentine’s this year which always remind me of our travels to Paris; you may remember them from my post last month.
I thought you may like to see what the tart looks like inside; it’s a short crust pastry case filled with crème pâtissière (vanilla pastry cream) with glazed strawberries on the top, so delicious! As T Stands for Tuesday I’m also sharing my cuppa and saying a big hello to the T Gang – Happy T Day!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Crafter’s Companion Parisian Collection Clear Acrylic A6 Stamp (Beau Collage)
- Kaisercraft Clear Stamps (Provincial CS243, 75 Cents CS864)
- Faber-Castell Gelato (Acqua Dolce, Earl Grey, Caramel)
- Creative Expressions Mini Stencil (Ornamental)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Antique Linen, Peacock Feathers, Twisted Citron)
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- DecoArt Crafter’s Acrylic (Black)
- Kaisercraft Sticker Book (Antiquities SK807)
- Winsor & Newton Promarker (Amethyst V626)
- Poundland (Flower – Accessories Pack 60911)
- White cardstock
- Tsukineko Memento Ink (Cottage Ivy)
- Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlets (Garden Greens 661206)
- Zig Memory System 2-way Glue (Dual Action Glue Pen)
- The Works (Jewel Stickers)