I fell in love with the image of this beautiful lady in her diamante headdress which I found in a magazine, so decided to create this sparkly page to showcase it along with some inspirational wording – what do you think (grin!).
I started by applying some Pine Needles and Shabby Shutters Distress Ink using a blending tool through a Discovering Planets stencil from Sheena; I choose these colours as when blended they matched the eye colour on the image that I used. Then I applied some white acrylic paint to the page using a palette knife and stencilled the diamond shapes using a Creative Expressions stencil and some Ranger Texture Paste. When the paste was dry, I coloured the diamonds using a silver Daler Rowney paint marker. Next I added some lines of black acrylic paint, Pine Needles Distress Ink and white acrylic paint using an old plastic gift card and then splattered the whole page with some black acrylic paint. The image of the beautiful lady is mounted on some card before sticking it over a silver doily. I covered the teardrop shaped diamonds on her headdress with some teardrop gemstones to give a 3D look; it was a happy serendipity that they were the exact same size as those on the image. To finish I added some Small Talk stickers from Tim Holtz that read “be your own beautiful self”, “leave a little sparkle wherever you go” and “choose to shine”.
I love a bit of sparkle as you can see here; this is one of my favourite hats and has lots of diamante on it (grin!).
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Sheena by Sheena Douglas Create A Flower Stencil (Dissolving Planets SD-STEN-CAF-PLA)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Pine Needles, Shabby Shutters)
- Creative Expressions Mini Stencil (Vintage Diamonds CEMSDIAM)
- Ranger Texture Paste
- Daler Rowney Acrylic Paint Marker (Silver)
- DecoArt Crafter’s Acrylic (Black)
- Recycled Gift Card
- Art Discount Acrylic paint (White 011)
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Stickers (Small Talk #TH93193)
- The Works (Silver Doily)
- Old magazine
- Graham & Brown (Adhesive Jewels)
- X-Press It! double-sided tape