A visit to the Blackbird Café had me thinking of stars, so I created this page from recycled used inky baby wipes and a fabulous quote from Vincent Van Gogh that reads “I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream”.
I started by collaging pieces of baby wipe that I had used to mop up some After Midnight Dylusions Ink Spray and Black Archival Ink using some gel medium. When dry I also applied some of the Dylusions Ink Spray using a paintbrush to water it down to any areas of the page that I hadn’t collaged and then stencilled some dots using a Creative Expressions Distressed Dots Mask. I splattered the page with some Pébéo white gesso, black DecoArt acrylic paint and a silver Daler Rowney paint marker. Next I fussy cut some images from a sheet of Stargazer Collection paper from Kaisercraft, edged them with a black Faber-Castell Big Brush marker and stuck them in place. I framed the quote using silver outline stickers and then I added some glittery silver stars which finished the page.
You may remember the Blackbird Café from previous posts, it’s such a lovely place and we normally go there with our dearest friends and chat over a cuppa (grin!).
As T Stands for Tuesday, here’s my cup of hot chocolate in a beautiful blue mug and it was served with a yummy white chocolate star – Happy T Day!
Of course we couldn’t visit this café without having a bacon butty too – so delicious (double grin!).
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Used baby wipes stained with Ranger After Midnight Dylusions Ink Spray and Jet Black Archival Ink
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- Creative Expressions That Special Touch of Mica Masks (Distressed Dots)
- Ranger Dylusions Ink Spray (After Midnight)
- DecoArt Crafter’s Acrylic (Black)
- Pébéo White Gesso
- Daler Rowney Acrylic Paint Markers (Silver)
- Kaisercraft Stargazer Collection 12×12 Paper (Galaxy P2538)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Black 199)
- X-Press It! double-sided foam tape
- Design Objectives Outline Stickers (Silver Borders 123551)
- Craft Sensations (Foam Glitter Stickers Silver CRO243/18GE)