Today’s page was created by using one of my favourite inky techniques, some beautiful red hearts and a couple of cute bunnies, to wish you all a very Happy Valentine’s Day!
I started by smooshing Bluebird and Potting Soil Wendy Vicchi Make Art Inks from Ranger onto the page using one of my favourite techniques; applying the ink to an acrylic block, spritzing with water and then pressing the block and dripping the ink onto the page. I drew the large heart using a black Faber-Castell Big Brush marker and then I stamped some tiny dots and some marble crackle texture using two Kaisercraft stamps and black Archival Ink.
Next I stuck the red hearts in place using a Zig glue pen, they were die cut from some recycled red foil cardstock using Tim Holtz Falling Hearts Thinlets and my big shot machine. Then I splattered the page using black and also white DecoArt acrylic paint using a paintbrush. When dry, I added some rub-on transfers which are all Remnant Rubs from Tim Holtz; the numbers and incomplete words are from the Special Delivery set and the wording “love you”, “XOXO” and “happy together” are from the Tiny Text set.
The cute bunnies are cut from linen textured paper using a Springtime Sidekick thinlet set by Tim Holtz; I coloured them with a black Faber- Castell marker and used the red foil cardstock for their bows and some white pom-poms for their tails. I shaded behind the tails with a black marker so they stood out more and sat them onto three different washi tapes which I layered together; I also layered these washi tapes on other areas of the page too. To finish, I added three Small Talk stickers from Tim Holtz which read “together is the best place to be”, “all you need is love” and “I’m happiest when I’m with you”.
For Valentine’s Day hubby treated us both to these Strawberry Tarts, you may remember me saying these were a favourite of mine in my Paris blog earlier this month. He bought them from a local bakery and it was such a lovely surprise, I can’t wait to try them with my cuppa – Happy Valentine’s Day!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Ranger Wendy Vecchi Blendable Dye Ink (Bluebird, Potting Soil)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Marker (Black 199)
- Kaisercraft Clear Stamps (Tiny Dot CS360, Marble CS293)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- DecoArt Crafter’s Acrylic (Black, White)
- Tim Holtz idea-ology (Remnant Rubs Special Delivery #TH93188, Tiny Text #TH93695, Small Talk Stickers #TH93193)
- Recycled Red Foil Cardstock
- Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlets (Falling Hearts 664415)
- Zig Memory System 2-way Glue (Dual Action Glue Pen)
- Craft Sensations (Luxury Cardstock with Linen Texture CRO240/GE)
- Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlets Sidekick (Springtime 662711)
- Poundland (Pom Poms – White)
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Washi Tapes (Docrafts Papermania – red with white dots, The Works – black with white dots, Crelando – turquoise with red and pink flowers)