We have a new challenge over at Try it on Tuesday:
Share the Love
I’m sharing the love with my “Love Letters” art journal page, which I created in a vintage style with postage stamps, pretty roses and tiny hearts (grin!).
I started by covering the page with Parchment Liquitex acrylic paint and Pébéo white gesso using a palette knife. When dry, I added some Caramel, Coconut, Kiwi and Metallic Mint Faber-Castell Gelatos by scribbling them onto the page and smudging the colour with my finger which I wet using a baby wipe. I stamped some crackle texture around the edges of the page using a Bobunny stamp and black Archival Ink and then I applied some Rusty Hinge Distress Ink around the edges of the page. The rose and postal images are stickers by Penny Black which I edged with a black Derwent Inktense pencil. I added lots of postage marks using rub-on transfers from Tim Holtz and also using some postage mark stamps and black Archival Ink. I added some red hearts which were on my craft desk leftover from another project; they were cut using Tim Holtz Falling Hearts Thinlets from linen textured cardstock which I coloured with Fired Brick Distress Ink. To finish, I added the “Love Letters” wording which are Label Stickers from Tim Holtz.
For more inspiration my Design Teamies are also sharing the love over at Try it on Tuesday with their wonderful creations, please pop over and take a look!
As T Stands for Tuesday, I’m sharing my cup of green tea that I enjoyed whilst catching up with a dear friend at the Blackbird Café. The rose teacup reminded me of my page and it came with a little gingerbread man, so cute and very yummy (grin!).
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Liquitex Artist Color Acrylic (Parchment)
- Pébéo White Gesso
- Faber-Castell Gelato (Caramel, Coconut, Kiwi, Metallic Mint)
- BoBunny Stamp Set (Rough it up 12105155)
- Ranger Achival Ink (Jet Black)
- Tim Holtz Distress Stain (Rusty Hinge, Fired Brick)
- Penny Black Stickeroos (Vintage Roses #10-142)
- Tim Holtz idea-ology (Remnant Rubs Special Delivery #TH93188, Label Stickers #TH93072)
- Derwent Inktense Ink Pencils (Ink Black 2200)
- The Works Clear Stamps (CRO274/TW3) – Postage Marks
- Craft Sensations (Luxury Cardstock with Linen Texture CRO240/GE)
- Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlets (Falling Hearts 664415)
- Zig Memory System 2-way Glue (Dual Action Glue Pen)