As it’s the season for putting up Christmas trees and decorations I created this page to celebrate, I hope you like it!
Don’t forget that you still have until 2nd Jan 2020 to join us over at A Vintage Journey for our Holly Jolly Christmas challenge too. This art journal page fits the challenge perfectly, it would be lovely to see you there (grin!).
To start I coloured the background with three shades of green Liquitex acrylic paint, firstly painting them on the page and then once dry applying them again to the page using a palette knife to create layers of colour. I splattered the page with some white and black acrylic paint and created a stencil using Tim Holtz Holiday Green Thinlets to add green fir tree branches to the background using Shabby Shutters and Forest Moss Distress Ink. I used the same Thinlet set to create the white branches from some recycled white card and arranged them on the page with some white bauble stickers. Next I used a Snowy Star Thinlets set from Tim Holtz to create the white stars which are stuck in place using a Zig glue pen. To finish, I added some Tim Holtz stickers which read “sparkly decorations”, “around the Christmas tree” and “the sparkly Christmas tree”.
Here is me and hubby in front of one of our Christmas trees, this one is in the front room window and has a red, white and gold theme of flowers and foliage (grin!).
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Liquitex Basics Acrylic Color (Phthalocyanine Green, Deep Green Permanent, Light Green Permanent)
- DecoArt Crafter’s Acrylic (White, Black)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Shabby Shutters, Forest Moss)
- Recycled white card
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Thinlets (Holiday Greens 658759, Snowy Stars 663117)
- Zig Memory System 2-Way Glue (Dual Action Glue Pen)
- Home Bargains Noel (Wall Stickers 16221)
- Tim Holtz idea-ology (Christmas Sticker Book #TH93999)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Marker (Cold Grey IV 233)