I love autumn and I find there’s nothing better then walking on crunchy leaves, so today’s page is inspired by sunny autumnal days and one of my favourite quotes by Emily Brontë:
“Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree”.
The background was started sometime ago. I had some green and brown Distress Inks leftover whilst creating another page which I didn’t want to waste, so I smooshed it onto a blank page and used some stamps to move the colour around. I covered it with some white acrylic paint and then to create the layers of leaves, I started by stencilling some large leaves using a Sheena Douglass stencil and Rusty Hinge, Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso Distress Ink. The smaller leaves are stamped using Potter’s Clay, Rich Cocoa and Toffee Crunch Memento Inks and I also added some stamped splatters using black Archival Ink. To enhance the grungy look I also splattered the page with white and black acrylic paint. Then I added some more white acrylic paint and when dry I repeated the stencilling and stamping of the leaves again and I also used a Sanguine Faber-Castell Big Brush marker to colour the areas where the white acrylic paint covered the large leaves so they stood out more.
I used a stitched edge circle die and my Big Shot machine to cut out the circles from mixed media paper and coloured them using Fossilized Amber and Rusty Hinge Distress Inks with a blending tool. Then I used my Tim Holtz stamping platform to stamp the acorn, quote, leaves, bird, hedgehog and berries using black Archival Ink and then stuck them to the page using a UHU Stic. I also added some yellow and white enamel dots which finished the page.
There is someone else who like leaves, especially chasing them although little Ellie also sometimes eats them too (grin!). Ellie is our friend’s dog, she is a cavapoo and still a puppy, isn’t she super sweet (double grin!).
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Background – leftover Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo Distress Ink
- Art Discount Acrylic Paint (White)
- Sheena Douglass Create a Flower Stencil (Just leaf It!)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Rusty Hinge, Vintage Photo, Ground Espresso, Fossilized Amber)
- Creative Stamping Magazine Issue 61 (Autumnal Treasures)
- Tsukineko Memento Ink (Potter’s Clay, Rich Cocoa, Toffee Crunch)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- DecoArt Crafter’s Acrylic (Black)
- Mixed Media Paper
- The Works (Cutting Dies, Pastel Enamel Dots)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Sanguine 188 B)
- Uni Pin Fine Line marker (Black 0.2mm)
- UHU Stic