Our new challenge at Try it on Tuesday for the next two weeks is Cold, Cold, Cold.
For this challenge, we are looking for snow, ice and winter scenes. I was inspired to create a Frosty snowman page using cold blues and adding lots of texture using ink drips, stamps, embossing enamel, modelling paste and snowflakes – I hope you like it!
I started by stamping the page with a Script Stamp from Kaisercraft and a Flight Collage stamp from Creative Expressions using black Archival Ink. Then I smooshed Salty Ocean and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink over the page by stamping the ink pads onto an acrylic block, spritzing with water and then pressing the block or dripping the ink onto the page; drying each application of ink with my heat gun before applying the next. Then I covered some of the stamped images with white gesso to push them into the background more and dragged a silver pigment ink pad over the page to add some shine. I applied some clusters of Chunky Silver Stampendous Embossing Enamel using a Versamark stamp pad, melting the enamel carefully with a heat gun. Next I applied some Pébéo modelling paste through a Wheels stencil by Dina Wakley and when it was dry I painted the wheels with white gesso so they stood out more. Then I layered some white and silver snowflakes and silver dots which are all stickers and to finish, I added a Frosty snowman topper using double-sided foam tape.
For more inspiration, please pop over to Try it on Tuesday to see the amazing creations from my Design Teamies!
As T Stands for Tuesday I’m sharing my forest fruit infused gin which is served with a mango fizzy drink and ice. In the background you’ll see some fabrics, the snowman one reminded me of my page, I plan to make napkins out of them (grin!).
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Kaisercraft Clear Stamps (Script CS752)
- Creative Expressions (Flight Collage CMRN191K)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon)
- Pébéo White Gesso
- Pigment Ink (Silver)
- Tsukineko Versamark (Watermark Ink Pad)
- Stampendous Deep Impression Embossing Enamel (Chunky Silver)
- Ranger Dina Wakley Media Stencil (Wheels MDS45588)
- Pébéo Modeling Paste
- Home Bargains (Wall Stickers 16221 & 16216, Felt Stickers 38082)
- Hunkydory Luxury Topper Set (Merry Christmas Mr. Snowman CUTE16-903)
- X-Press It double-sided foam tape