As autumn is one of my favourite seasons I created this fun page with a happy moose standing in a big pile of leaves. I hope this makes you smile as much as me (grin!).
With my autumnal colours I also wanted to remind you that there is still another week to join us over at Try it on Tuesday for our Colours of Autumn challenge too, it would be lovely to see you there!
I started by stamping the page with leaves from a Falling Leaves stamp set from Tim Holtz using Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso Distress Archival Ink and Potter’s Clay Memento Ink. Then I added a pretty pumpkin napkin which I received from my good friend Erika aka BioArtGal last year – thank you so much! I tore the napkin on the diagonal and also added small pieces of the napkin inbetween the stamped leaves; it’s stuck in place using Liquitex matte gel medium. Then I fussy cut the moose from a magazine and stuck him to the page using a UHU stic. Next I added lots of leaves which I die cut using a Fall Foliage thinlet set from Tim Holtz. They are cut from three different papers and edged using Fossilized Amber, Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso Distress Ink and a Dark Sepia Faber-Castell Big Brush marker. The “love that smile” wording is a sticker from Kaisercraft which is mounted onto the same three papers that I die cut the leaves from. To finish, I used a white gel pen to add two white dots to the moose’s eyes.
When my hubby saw this page he immediately thought of the tin moose that we have in our lounge, isn’t he a cutie (grin!).
As T Stands for Tuesday and it’s the season for everything pumpkin, here’s a piece of my homemade pumpkin roll with my friend’s coffee – Happy T day everyone!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous (Falling Leaves CMS097)
- Ranger Distress Archival Ink (Vintage Photo, Ground Espresso)
- Tsukineko Memento Ink (Rich Potter’s Clay)
- Pumpkin Napkin – thank you Erika!
- Old magazine
- Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlets (Fall Foliage 660955)
- Paper Pack from local craft shop
- Poundland Design Pad (Changing Seasons CRO701/16PL1)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Fossilized Amber, Vintage Photo, Ground Espresso)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Dark Sepia 175 B)
- Kaisercraft Sticker Sheet (Havana Nights SS354)
- Uniball Signo gel pen (White)
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- UHU Stic
- UHU Glue Pen
- X-Press It double-sided tape