Hi everyone! I am so delighted to be in the Designer Spotlight this month over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thanks so much for all your kind wishes last week!
This week the theme is Spooky.
For this challenge I created a spooky art Journal page full of magic and mystery, maybe there’s a magic potion in one of those bottles – what are you going to wish for? (grin!).
I started by stencilling texture paste using a Mini Specimens template from The Crafter’s Workshop and when dry, I painted the page using Indigo and Black Kuretake watercolour paints. Then I applied Aged Silver Stampendous embossing enamel to the texture paste using a Versamark watermark pad. I used a Versamark watermark pen and Shabby White Stampendous embossing enamel for finer details. I also coloured some of the texture paste using a black Sharpie pen then I splattered the page using the black watercolour paint and also White Linen Dylusions Spray. I added some bats and cobwebs that I stamped onto tissue paper which finished the background.
For the tags, I die cut five tags using Sizzix Framelits and my Big Shot machine. They are cut from Pocket Cards from Tim Holtz, edged with black Versamark ink and then stamped using a Gothic Book Finnabair stamp and an Urban Tapestry Tim Holtz stamp set using the black Versafine ink and covered with black Stampendous embossing powder.
Next I added the pretty bottles which are from a Kaisercraft Sticker Book and decorated with some black ribbon and the metal “31” and “13” which are Countdown brads from Tim Holtz. The tags are finished with some eyelets and recycled black satin ribbon, and layered in place with some blue flowers which are fussy cut from a Botanicals Layers card. To finish, I added the “objet trouvé”, “finders keepers” and “make a wish” wording which are Quote Chips from Tim Holtz.
This spooky window can be found at the Moose and Moonshine restaurant in Liverpool and I think the witch may be making us a magic potion.
This restaurant is part of the Moose Coffee chain and they make the best hot chocolate with a shot of pumpkin spice syrup in it – yum! I’m saying a big hello to the T Gang over at T Stands for T Day – Happy T Day!
I enjoyed creating this art journal page for the Spooky challenge and I hope you will join in the fun too! For more inspiration please check out the fabulous creations from the Design Team over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
Don’t forget that Simon Says Stamp is generously giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the Simon Says Stamp Store! and one lucky participant will be randomly drawn to win this voucher. How amazing is that! Good Luck to everyone!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of materials over at Simon Says Stamp to create this spooky art journal page:
- The Crafter’s Workshop Mini Specimens Template
- Ranger Texture Paste
- Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi
- Ranger Palette Knife
- Tsukineko Versamark Watermark Ink
- Tsukineko Versamark Watermark Emboss Pen
- Stampendous Embossing Enamel
- Sharpie Marker (Black)
- Ranger Dylusions Spray (White Linen)
- Tim Holtz Sizzix Framelits (Tag Collection 658784)
- Finnabair Clear Stamps (Gothic Book)
- Tim Holtz Stamp Set (Urban Tapestry CMS061)
- Tim Holtz Stamping Platform
- Tsukineko Versafine (Onyx Black)
- Stampendous Embossing Powder (Black)
- Crop-A-Dile Eyelet and Snap Punch
- Standard Eyelets
- Kaisercraft Antiquities Sticker Book
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Countdown Brads
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Quote Chips
- X-Press It Double-sided Tape
- X-Press It Double-sided Foam Tape
- UHU Stic
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Pocket Cards – alternative Tim Holtz Paper Stash Documented and Tim Holtz Paper Stash French Industrial
- White Tissue Paper – recycled
- Bat and cobweb stamp
- Black Satin Ribbon – recycled