As you may be aware it was our wedding anniversary this week so I thought I’d create a page to celebrate; my design was influenced by my hubby who loves bright colours and I chose some romantic wording too.
Inspired by the lovely Design Team at Country View Challenges I also wanted to try out a new technique to create a Bokeh effect on my page too, I love the results – what do you think?
To create my bokeh background, I covered the page with Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed and Fired Brick Distress Ink using a blending tool and dried the page thoroughly with my heat gun. Then I applied the circles using a Sun & Moon stencil and white pigment ink, slightly overlapping some of the circles as I went. For the flowers, I stamped a large Halftone Circle stamp onto some white cardstock using Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn, Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink. Then I used a Wildflower Thinlet from Tim Holtz to cut out the flowers using my Big Shot machine and stuck them onto the page using a Zig glue pen. The wording are stickers from Kaisercraft which I backed with some of the white card and then stuck to the page using double-sided tape, they read “my one & only”, “you will forever be my always” and “always in my heart”. I used a paper punch to create some hearts out of black paper and stuck them in place. Then I added some pink and orange sequins using Ranger Glossy Accents which finished the page.
Here I am with “my one and only” celebrating our anniversary at Notarianni Ice Cream parlour where we treated ourselves to a sundae; these are tangerine jelly with two scoops of vanilla ice cream topped with tangerine syrup – so yummy!
Thank you for all your Happy Anniversary wishes earlier in the week (grin!)
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Fired Brick, Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn)
- Docrafts Artiste Pigment Ink (White)
- Inkylicious Stencil and Template Set (Sun & Moon)
- White Cardstock
- Altenew Clear Stamp Set (Halftone Circles)
- Sizzix Thinlets Tim Holtz Alterations (Wildflowers 661190)
- Zig Memory System 2-Way Glue (Dual Action Glue Pen)
- Kaisercraft Sticker Sheet (Everlasting SS376)
- X-Press It double-sided tape
- Leon (X-large Colour Paper Pad)
- Tonic Studios Paper Punch (Classic Heart 858E)
- Poundland (Assorted Sequins)
- Ranger Glossy Accents