I created this page to remember the amazing time that we had at the cinema watching the live André Rieu concert from Maastricht which was a belated birthday present from my hubby (grin!).
I started by covering the background with The Blue Danube sheet music by Johann Strauss II as he happens to be my favourite classical composer and this was one of the pieces of music that was played during the concert. I stamped around the edges of the page using some of the floral Musicality stamps from Docrafts and black Archival Ink. Then I applied some Gold Champagne Faber-Castell Gelato and black Faber-Castell Big Brush Marker, smudging the colours with my finger. Next I fussy cut André Rieu, the title and the list of music from the programme that we were given and stuck them onto the page. I also stamped “Kings of Disco” and added it to the list of music as they were the surprise guest act for the concert finale which was amazing too. I added a striped border of stickers to the title “André Rieu Shall we dance?”, two gold glitter corners to the list of music and some gold swirls and dots to the background which are Glitterations stickers. The red roses and flowers are rub-on transfers and to finish the page, I chose three Small talk stickers from Tim Holtz which read “the music of my heart”, “Professor of Music” and “being enchanted”; they are edged with the black Faber-Castell Big Brush marker.
The André Rieu Maastricht 2019 concert was shown across cinemas in the UK and we went to The Flower Bowl to watch it in comfort on our very own sofa. The music and atmosphere was magical, we forgot we were at the cinema as it felt like we were transported there (grin!).
As T Stands for Tuesday and I thought this gold coffee set would match my page nicely, I’m sharing this beautiful set which was on sale at our local auction rooms. For cat lovers and those who prefer tea there is also this pretty tea pot too – Happy T Day!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Sheet Music – The Blue Danube
- Docrafts Creativity Essentials A5 clear stamp set (Musicality DCE907112) DCE907115)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Faber-Castell Gelatos (Gold Champagne)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Black 199)
- Concert Programme
- Dovecraft Essentials Alphabet Stamp Set upper & lower case (WDN ALPHA STMP DCVW0050)
- Docrafts Papermania Glitterations (Gold Flowers ANT8181020, Gold Frame Circles ANT8181020)
- Poundworld Rub-on Transfers (Vintage)
- Tim Holtz idea-ology (Clipping Stickers #TH93583)
- Penny Black Stickeroos (Vintage Roses #10-142)
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- Pritt Stick