We would love you to join our new challenge over at Try it on Tuesday for the next two weeks – Boys and Girls/Children.
I had fun creating a journal page with dictionary pages from my school days, primary coloured paints, some boys and girls’ vinyl stickers and the word “happy” – I hope you like it!
I started by randomly adding pieces of dictionary pages leftover from previous projects onto the background using Liquitex matte gel medium. Once dry, I added some stripes of yellow, red and blue watercolour paint. Then I used a baby wipe and a trellis stencil to pick up and move the paint around the page and left it to dry. I stamped “Happy” and also some flowers using black Archival Ink, separating the page into sections so I could add the white vinyl stickers of the boys and girls. I outlined each of the stickers, which took some time, with a black marker pen and added detail to the stamping using a white Uni Posca paint pen. To finish, I added the border using the white pen and a black Sharpie permanent marker.
For more inspiration please pop over to our blog and check out the amazing creations from my Design Teamies!
Quite often it’s the small things that make me happy, like this bacon butty which I was treated to last week when I was out with my mum and it was so yummy (grin!). As T Stands for Tuesday my photo also includes my mum’s cappuccino – Happy T Day everyone!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Water Colours (Cadmium Yellow Pale Hue, Ultramarine)
- Rowney Georgian Water Colour (Crimson)
- Creative Expressions Mini Stencils (Ornate Trellis CEMSTRELLIS)
- Art Impressions wood mounted rubber stamp (Happy)
- Great Impressions wood mounted rubber stamp (Flower Sketch Board F327)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Craftime Designer Vinyls (Boy & Girl B/W PBDV02)
- Handwriting Marker Pen (Black)
- Uni Posca Paint Pen (White)
- Sharpie Permanent Marker Pen (Black)